“Great for the price”

Ranked #84 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Durham, United Kingdom
“Great for the price”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Just returned from Silchorro, we had a large spacious private studio Lynmar owned by Martin and Lynne booked through Owners Direct. They met us at the hotel and gave us the keys and some handy tips. The Apartment was on the 8th (top) floor with great views. It had limited cooking facilities and a very small flat screen TV but was great for us, very clean, no air con but two fans which we found was fine, even for August.
The hotel has free wifi in reception and public areas, even round the pool, a little library to swop books and magazines, a computer area and supermarket (bit expensive)
Large pool deep at one end 2.1 m but also children's pool. Plenty of sunbeds but also nice grassy areas to put towels on.
As others have said there are stag/hen party's stopping at the hotel that did get a bit rowdy at times, but if anyone complained at reception, the staff seemed very good at quieting them down.
Pool bar drink prices were steep 5 euros for large (40cl) beer in plastic cup but the food seemed reasonably priced although we didn't eat in the hotel while we were there. It's about 15 mins walk down to the beach and about 10 mins to the strip.
Hotel bus runs to the old town a few times a day but we couldn't use it due to renting privately - no problem as bus stop is a couple of mins away and 1.40 euro got you to the old town or anywhere between (also to the bus terminal 1st and 3rd Wednesdays for gypsy market)
Lots of restaurants and bars on the strip with meals from about 4 euros for breakfast or Kabab etc. tourist menus for about 10 euros (3 courses) steaks 10 - 18 euros, house wine, sangria 7- 12 euros, beer 1.5 to 3.5 euros.
Overall I would certainly recommend the hotel although the hotel should maybe be a bit quicker to calm down rowdy behaviour, which would make it more family friendly.

Room Tip: Higher floors overlooking the pool have great views and full sun on balcony
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank KJ1_Pete

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We found that this hotel isn't really for families with small children. there was quite a few hen/stage parties staying the same time as us and it was fairly noisy at night, maybe we should have asked to be moved but we didn't. Staff were very nice and friendly. The swimming pool was lovely and there was plenty of space around it and lots of sunbeds, actually we found this was one of the safest swimming pools because there was absolutely no access to it from the road so we found it quiet safe for the children. There is plenty of high hedging and fencing around the whole area and the only way to get into the pool area was through reception and pass through the bar so its really safe for anyone with small children. The rooms are quite big and spacious but are a little dated. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment. There was no washing machine in the apartment so if like me you like to keep the washing...that won't be happening!! We found a shortcut to the top of the strip which was handy...there's a zebra crossing on the road outside the hotel and go up the steps and keep to the left and it will bring you out at Chor-Wok Chinese restaurant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank AnneMD_12
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in June, apartment big and spacious, very dated bit to be honest not a problem ! One of the problems I had with this hotel was the cleanliness, I was there a week and I only had my room cleaned once, when we arrived I always have a look round and I found broken glass under on of the sofa beds and it was still there when we left so obviously not cleaned very well ! Fortunately we didn't have any young children ! We also only had our towels changed once and that was the day before we left. I know it's a budget hotel but a clean doom and towels 2 or 3 times a week isn't to much to ask surely. We found the staff rude and unhelpful, there's a free shuttle bus thy take you to old town which was due to leave a 5 pm we were in reception at 4.50 and asked he staff were to get the shuttle from, they said wait in reception they will be here soon to get you, we waited until 5.20 and still nothing so my 15 yr old son asked the woman on reception where the shuttle bus was and she said it's gone !! I went up to the desk and asked why we weren't told it was here and she said it parks up in ten car park that's where you were suppose to wait, so I said I didn't know that because hadn't been on it before and she said how was a suppose to know it was your first time !! I was annoyed and walked off and m husband saw her turn round to her collegue and laugh behind my back as I walked off so he went mad at them !! So rude !! In my opinion this hotel is for the young crowd ! In only 32 but felt old !! Very noisy at night when there going and coming back from the strip !! Will definately not be going back to this hotel !!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Danni1981

Travelers are raving about these Albufeira hotels

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Myself and my fiancée are just home from a fantastic 10 days in Silchoro apartments.
The apartment was lovely and spacious with a balcony.
The pool was great in the day and we never once had a problem getting a sunbed no matter what time we woke up.
The pool bar and cafe were nice and cheap and the snacks were really good (especially the toasties)
Wifi is free at the pool, snack bar and reception.
The location is brilliant and is nice and quiet yet only a 10 minute walk to the strip.

Whilst in Albuferia we took a day trip to Gibraltar which I highly recommend as it is a brilliant day once there ( I was even proposed to at the top of the rock with all the monkeys around us)
We also went to zoomarine and splash and slide which are brilliant days out and I couldn't recommend them more.

Would definitely recommend this place to both couples and families.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Barkly2009
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Had 4 nights here at the start of July, staff friendly enough.
Quite a few young people here but not so much noise.
Had a nice view over the pool and a sea view in the distance, Rooms a little dated but expected this, fridge, cooker, kettle, toaster etc if thats your thing to cook on holiday.
As all have said before its only 10 mins from the quiet part of the strip and 15 mins from the busy area.
No aircon in the rooms and the studio rooms are 2 single settee/beds.

Have stayed in many hotels in the area and this was not the worst.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ray B
Dublin
Reviewed July 27, 2014

After reading some of the comments I was very nervous upon arrival. There was I need. We stayed for 2 weeks with 3 kids 15,6,3. We had a 2 bed apartment with pool view, and a large balcony.Staff were lovely although a little relaxed. Plenty to do, close to the strip and beaches. Taxis were cheap too. Will go back here again.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Nehif
Belfast
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great. A 5 min walk to the strip and a short taxi journey away from the old town! Pool and hotel itself were ok but very dated.

However the rooms were horrible. Old and dirty. No bed - two sofas in the room that we had to push together and were SO uncomfortable. More like a hostel room!

Although I do understand I paid cheap for this hotel. But I expected a bed!!

• Stayed April 2014