“Great value for money in excellent area”

Quinta da Bellavista Apartments
Ranked #126 of 153 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay there, the living accomodation is spacious and clean and the staff are very friendly. The pool is really good with lots of loungers available and a nice seating area overlooking the pool. The garden where the pool is is really lovely with the lush grass and trees, trees are great to get a bit of shade under. I've seen a few bad reviews on this site however from my experince people must just want things to complain about as nothing hindered us having a great time on holiday.

Beach, old town and strip all around 15-20min walk, and only 3.90Euro in a taxi. It's also 10mins away from the bus station which is really useful when visiting neighbouring towns.

Drinks at the bar very resonable, beers 2 euro, soft drinks 1.50 euro, spirts quite expensive at 5euro(with mixer)

Only reccommendation ive made is that there should be a microwave.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed here for 11 nights from 31st august 2012 with my boyfriend, we are both in our 20s.
we arrived at 11.30pm and when we walked into the apartment we were so dissapointed. it was absolutely boiling but we knew there was no aircon so i cant really complain about that, but the worse thing was the beds (or lack of). we had 2 very hard sofas to sleep on. seriously. no real bed, just sofas with a sheet and pillows. the second awful thing was after walking around the apartment for 2 minutes the bottoms of my feet were filthy, the floor clearly hadnt been cleaned in a while.
on a positive note, we had a balcony (view of a carpark) and there were decent cooking facilities and a fridge etc.
the pool area was fine, the bar was great, only €2 for a large beer, sangria etc. although soft drinks were €3. the staff were lovely which made it hard to complain about the cleaner who didnt clean our floor for our whole stay, it was positively disgusting by the time we left. we also only got clean linen and towels once during the 11 nights.
there was average entertainment at the complex, but again the staff were really nice and tried hard to make your holiday enjoyable.
the old town was a 20 minute walk away, as was the beach. a taxi back only cost €3.90 so v. cheap !
All in all, the holiday was cheap and we had an amazing time, but the room definitely needed more cleaning. staff were awesome and not too far away from everything. i personally wouldnt return but im sure some people would, i would give it a 6 out of 10 in total :-)

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just spent a week here, and I must say at first I was fearing the worst! Having read the reviews on here I wasn't expecting much and that is what I got not a lot of love and attention to the rooms but the pool and bar area are great !!! The rooms were clean and tidy and MASSIVE, very spacious yes there were only sofa beds but they were comfy and you got a thin sheet a thicker sheet and a fleece not that you will ever need the fleece. In all honesty how long are you going to spend in the rooms we slept there washed there and went out all day to the pool came back washed went out came back and slept !

It's in a great location 15 min to old town, new town or the beach all are worth a visit.

The pool area is clean and quite there is background music and 3 large tv with sky so if your really missing English tv you can watch it there. And cos it was small we met some great people no one was stuck up even RONAN KEATING was there doing karaoke one night! I'm sure there will be a video on you tube very soon !

The staff were a laugh and always had something to say.

This is a budget hotel and it is exactly that but we had great fun and if it wasn't closing down in 25 days time I even think we would go back !

Room Tip: Try not to get one facing the road it is a busy road.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Just returned from a week at the Quinta Da Bellavista. Very poor, certainly if this is a 3 star hotel I would hate to stay in a 2 star one. Like many others i ignored previous comments as most reviews are written by people with an axe to grind. I don't usually write reviews myself but be aware that this hotel is very tired poor cleanliness standard, threadbare sheets and towels. No air conditioning or fans and very noisy being by a road. Found it difficult to sleep with the heat and the noise. Electrical fittings are dodgy to say the least, bath is disgusting, large dead cockroaches seem to chose the bathroom as a place to die during the night. On the positive side it was about a 20 minute walk from the old town and should anyone wish to go there it is about a 20 min walk to "The Strip"

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We spent a week here in one of their studio apartments in the middle of August,and after reading some of the reviews were expecting the worst!
On the plus side ,the apartments are very big and the location wasn't too bad ,only 15 minutes walk to the Old Town.
They were reasonably clean and we had a cleaner come in twice whilst we were there.
BUT ,honestly ,only one little mirror (in the bathroom ) in the whole apartment...!!
We knew that the only bed was going to be the sofa bed,which was reasonably comfortable,but the pillows must have been antiques ,they were so lumpy !
It can't cost that much to renew the pillows and put in a full length mirror,surely.
There was no air con ,which wasn't a problem ,because we found that at night there was a lovely breeze.
But we would have liked TV !!
Would we stay here again?Probably not ,but that was also due to the fact that we weren't that keen on Albufeira anyway.
All in all we got what we paid for and made the best of it!

Room Tip: Our apartment was facing the rear ,so no noise from the road or bar across the road,which was ideal.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Myself and my partner have just returned from what was only a one night stay in these apartments. And that was one night too many! Getting to the hotel, and given the keys to our apartment, we crossed the road (which was no problem at all) to what looked like a block of flats, where the hotel had just rented a few apartments off. The door would not lock, and the area, to me, seemed iffy. Upon arrival in our room, realised that there was no bed, on speaking to the reception staff, he told me that it was a mattress and that every apartment in Portugal would be the same. We were expected to sleep on 2 sofa's, not even sofa beds. The room, however, was very spacious but in big need of renovation. The shower was pathetic. We decided that we would 'get over it!' and make the most of this holiday, however that soon changed after spending the night there. We didn't get to sleep until 5am, because of the noise from people coming in and out from the apartments, banging doors and a very loud pub at the back. I had at least expected to get some sleep during a holiday. We decided that a) not sleeping in a bed 2) not getting any sleep (to name but a few of the problems) was not our idea of a holiday. We decided to go over to some other hotels and had to pay to move apartments. When I went to the reception to check out, the customer service was terrible, just threw my passport over the counter and didn't even ask why were leaving so early (I'm guessing this happens a lot in this place!). I am not the kind of person to ever complain, I have never written a review in my life, and stayed in some less than attractive places when travelling, but feel so bad about this hotel that I feel the need to inform others not to go there! I had read the reviews on here before going, and wish I would have taken notice, but just thought that you always get people who find something to complain about. But these people are right!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SophsH
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was my second stay at these apartments can't complain about anything. Location perfect Inbetween strip and old town. Beach 15 min if u know the short cuts. Spacious clean room. U don't need a tv as your on HOLIDAY. Staff are friendly and chatty. I will be going back next year. Oh and price to stay is cheap at £165 for 2ppl in August. A pint ov super bock is €2.

• Stayed: August 2012