I stayed here with my friend for a week in June. We arrived late and there was no reception in the apartment block and no one around so was unsure how to check in, luckily there was a red emergency phone which connected us to reception in the other building (which we didn't know about as arrived late and in the dark).
After checking in at the other building we found our room and started to have a great holiday.
The room was pretty large for two of us, very nice clean kitchen, large living area and great powerful shower in the bathroom.
The pool area at the apartments was fairly quiet and had an adults only feeling however the pool at the hotel block had more life, there was a pool bar and cafe, more people around, it's always good to have the choice as you can use either.
The resort itself was fairly quiet but plenty of restaurants and a few nice bars to keep you entertained.
The beaches in olhos d agua were amazing! Some of the best I have ever seen.
If you want to visit the strip it's only about 6 euro in a taxi, and staying a little distance away from it was in hindsight a good move.
The old town was by far the nicest place to be of an evening, beautiful restaurants overlooking the sea, cute narrow streets with gift shops to wonder around and plenty of street entertainers.
This was my first time to Portugal and the good especially cataplana was amazing! Portuguese wine was very good quality and surprisingly cheap. All the locals that we met were so friendly and helpful, not one person was rude and thru could not do enough for you,
I would not visit mainland Spain again after going to Portugal, no comparison!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanus Aparthotel ***The newly expanded Oceanus Aparthotel is located in the centre of the charming summer resort of Olhos d'Agua on the Algarve. Recently enlarged through the acquisition of the Aparthotel Olhos d'Agua, this 3 Star vacation retreat makes an affordable base for couples and families with a wide range of shops and restaurants nearby and 102 attractive studios and one bedroom apartments resting in 2 buildings surrounded by lovely gardens with a sparkling swimming pool. Guests of the Oceanus Aparthotel can discover the marvellous beaches of Olhos d'Aqua (500 m) and Maria Luísa (800 m), explore delightful little villages with narrow cobbled streets, and tackle the challenging golf course in nearby Acoteias. For a bargain holiday in the Algarve, Oceanus Aparthotel makes the grade! Faro International Airport is 30 km from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Aparthotel Oceanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Oceanus Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve
- Aparthotel Oceanus Hotel Albufeira
- Oceanus Hotel