We stayed in this hotel in June. Mostly happy with our stay. The hotel is between 5 and 10 minutes from the beach depending on how fit you are and which route you take. There are plenty of shops and restaurants within 2 minutes walk. We also found it really convenient to be really close to 2 large supermarkets for stocking up on drinks. We were less than 5 minutes walk to a big intermarche.
We found the reception staff really helpful and friendly.The room was ok. We found it pretty small for a 1 bed with a small balcony but there seems to be a really big variation in room size as other members of our party had rooms that were substantially larger with balconies double the size of ours. The bigger rooms seem to face the main road whereas ours faced the snackbar/pool area which we had requested so that was our mistake. The kitchen area was very modern with a coffee maker and microwave which was a nice plus. The TV also had a built in DVD which would be handy for kids. The shower was also modern and powerful.
The main pool area was lovely though some days there was a shortage of loungers and it seemed that a lot of people at the pool were not actually hotel guests which seemed a little unfair. The food at the snackbar was nice though and the staff there were lovely.The indoor pool was nice though not heated in June. We swam there a few times but never saw any other hotel guests using it.
I think its a pity that the snack bar area isnt open at night for drinks as the indoor downstairs bar is a bit depressing and its so much nicer to sit outside on holidays. Also, there was really loud music that wasnt great (sorry) most nights and if you just wanted a drink and a chat there was no where to go.If the snack bar area was open we would have happily gone there before or after dinner each evening.
Overall a nice family hotel and if I got a good rate I would return. All the hotel staff that we encountered during our stay were lovely, welcoming and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanus Aparthotel ***The newly expanded Oceanus Aparthotel is located in the centre of the charming summer resort of Olhos d'Agua on the Algarve. Recently enlarged through the acquisition of the Aparthotel Olhos d'Agua, this 3 Star vacation retreat makes an affordable base for couples and families with a wide range of shops and restaurants nearby and 102 attractive studios and one bedroom apartments resting in 2 buildings surrounded by lovely gardens with a sparkling swimming pool. Guests of the Oceanus Aparthotel can discover the marvellous beaches of Olhos d'Aqua (500 m) and Maria Luísa (800 m), explore delightful little villages with narrow cobbled streets, and tackle the challenging golf course in nearby Acoteias. For a bargain holiday in the Algarve, Oceanus Aparthotel makes the grade! Faro International Airport is 30 km from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Aparthotel Oceanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Oceanus Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve
- Aparthotel Oceanus Hotel Albufeira
- Oceanus Hotel