“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #20 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Limerick, Ireland
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed in this hotel in June. Mostly happy with our stay. The hotel is between 5 and 10 minutes from the beach depending on how fit you are and which route you take. There are plenty of shops and restaurants within 2 minutes walk. We also found it really convenient to be really close to 2 large supermarkets for stocking up on drinks. We were less than 5 minutes walk to a big intermarche.

We found the reception staff really helpful and friendly.The room was ok. We found it pretty small for a 1 bed with a small balcony but there seems to be a really big variation in room size as other members of our party had rooms that were substantially larger with balconies double the size of ours. The bigger rooms seem to face the main road whereas ours faced the snackbar/pool area which we had requested so that was our mistake. The kitchen area was very modern with a coffee maker and microwave which was a nice plus. The TV also had a built in DVD which would be handy for kids. The shower was also modern and powerful.

The main pool area was lovely though some days there was a shortage of loungers and it seemed that a lot of people at the pool were not actually hotel guests which seemed a little unfair. The food at the snackbar was nice though and the staff there were lovely.The indoor pool was nice though not heated in June. We swam there a few times but never saw any other hotel guests using it.

I think its a pity that the snack bar area isnt open at night for drinks as the indoor downstairs bar is a bit depressing and its so much nicer to sit outside on holidays. Also, there was really loud music that wasnt great (sorry) most nights and if you just wanted a drink and a chat there was no where to go.If the snack bar area was open we would have happily gone there before or after dinner each evening.

Overall a nice family hotel and if I got a good rate I would return. All the hotel staff that we encountered during our stay were lovely, welcoming and helpful.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank star1984

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
East Midlands
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed here for a week in June. I had a four person corner room by the roadside, not particularly what I would choose. Bedroom was a little basic but the bed was fine for me and I didn't really notice the traffic noise at night, it is loud if you have the balcony door open. Shower was very good, clean towels every day although maids do come around late in the day. Kitchenette was well equipped and I could use the TV to play music CDs. Bar was ok although it is downstairs with no outside area for warm nights, we enjoyed the live singer and karaoke in the bar too. We had breakfast included although I was disappointed as it was not true buffet style as in the hotel leaflet and our travel provider, it was a set menu which you were not allowed to mix and match, there was no fruit or yoghurt options and limited cereal option, if I travelled independently I would not commit to breakfast. Pool area was very nice, quiet, spacious and relaxing one of the best I've experienced as I like peace and quiet to read. I dined in the Oceanus restaurant 'A Cantina' once to the set 3 course menu of 11 euros, I found this perfectly acceptable and good friendly service, would eat here again. After checkout the only 'shower & change' option is the indoor swimming pool changing rooms which I felt was not sufficient, luckily I was able to use another guest's room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Amaisie
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Can't fault this hotel,kitchen really well equipped, always kept clean and daily maid service. Staff really helpful and snack bar and pool opposite are just what we needed.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank David W
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

My 4 year old son and I stayed for a week in May, with my partner joining us for 3 days of that. We had a studio apartment whichever was huge, with one small and one very big balcony. Lovely modern bathroom, towels changed every day and everything we needed in the kitchen. For a basic aparthotel, and for the price I paid it was fantastic. Few little gripes in that the beds weren't the comfiest, the hob was a bit temperamental, there is a bit of road noise and the pools were freezing but these were really insignificant given that the place doesn't promise to be a 5 star hotel. Conveniently located for everything... Bus stop to Albuferia right outside, 3 mins down the hill to a gorgeous beach, surrounded by restaurants and bars, supermarket a minute away and the whole place is clean and tidy. Great pool area, although cold pools, staff friendly and helpful. I'm so pleased we chose here for our stay, as sometimes budget hotels can be very hit or miss! Would certainly recommend. Olhos is a really lovely town too, although not a lot happening so if you want lively and late night place then head to Albuferia!

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank SamsLowestoft
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2014

lovely hotel with very friendly staff, comfortable room, and excellent swimming pools
with a snack bar next to the pool, 10-15 minute walk to the beautiful beach sooner if you are a fast walker, where you will find many bars-restaurants and shops

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank 702Jan
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Just come back from Oceanus Aparthotel in Olhos da Agua, what a lovely hotel, very spacious and so clean, the staff were very friendly too.
could have had a bit more entertainment in the evening, only three times during the week, but assume it was because we went early season, we would recommend it to anyone wanting a family or quiet relaxing holiday.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

1 Thank Sandra H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Close to the sea and the restaurant. The staff were brilliant. Very polite and helpful! I would like to say that I will definitely go back....but I've used all my holidays for the year...so I will definitely go back there, next year! Really, really pleasantly surprised with the level of service.

Room Tip: Dont know, we had the cheapest room there and found it really nice....I would not have paid any extr...