We stopped here in October for a week and had a wonderful time. The hotel is located perfectly in between Villamoura and Albuferia. It is roughly 20mins to each and there is a bus stop on either side of the road - directly outside the hotel - cost 3euros each way. The hotel were very friendly and very helpful as we arrived in the morning and so too early to check in. We were advised on near places to go for a couple of hours until our room was ready. When we checked in we were given a free upgrade to a lovely corner apartment that was very spacious with 2 balconys but even more important very very clean. The only downside been the noisy fridge but a very minor point as once in bedroom with door shut you couldn't here it. The hotel is very close to beach, with a 10min walk. Surrounded by a good choice of bars and restaurants. The hotel has 2 swimming pools and also a baby pool. Plenty of sun loungers and a nice snack bar. Would recommend Calheoros, fratellis, martinos, Cozys Chinese as nice restaurants. La gigale on the beach is a nice fish restaurant but be warned its price per day and served with heads and bones. You also have to try A Cantina restaurant right next to the hotel. The steak on a stone is pure perfection as very good value for money. The only bad place we ate was Acqua near the beach. The service was very slow and food not cracking. We also stopped for a drink the day before we ate and again service was slow. A couple of nice bars to check out is Friends bar and also Cabana bar. Both nice and relaxing.
All in all a wonderful holiday and if we return to albuferia we would definitely stop at the oceanus again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanus Aparthotel ***The newly expanded Oceanus Aparthotel is located in the centre of the charming summer resort of Olhos d'Agua on the Algarve. Recently enlarged through the acquisition of the Aparthotel Olhos d'Agua, this 3 Star vacation retreat makes an affordable base for couples and families with a wide range of shops and restaurants nearby and 102 attractive studios and one bedroom apartments resting in 2 buildings surrounded by lovely gardens with a sparkling swimming pool. Guests of the Oceanus Aparthotel can discover the marvellous beaches of Olhos d'Aqua (500 m) and Maria Luísa (800 m), explore delightful little villages with narrow cobbled streets, and tackle the challenging golf course in nearby Acoteias. For a bargain holiday in the Algarve, Oceanus Aparthotel makes the grade! Faro International Airport is 30 km from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Aparthotel Oceanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Oceanus Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve
- Aparthotel Oceanus Hotel Albufeira
- Oceanus Hotel