These apartments were basic but comfortable, exactly as described. Our studio apartment was large, the sleeping area was actually seperated from the sitting area by a sliding partition which basically made it as large as a one bed apartment. The studio was clean and tidy. The decor really needs updating as it's like something out of the 80's! The kitchen was slightly under equipped - no electric kettle or toaster but it's fine for someone with no children. The bathroom was spotless. The only complaint I would have is that the towels were changed every 4 days, when they could do with being changed every 2 or 3 days. The TV offers 2 full English speaking channels - Sky News and CNN, so you wont miss anything!
The restaurant food was good but expensive. The bar was well stocked and the prices were ok. The entertainment was ok. The usual cheesy singing and karaoke. There was also bingo and quizzes on occasion. The grounds were very clean and well kept and the pool was absolutely spotless with not so much as a bug floating in it! It's quiet apart from the occasional bit of music from the bar which you could barely hear.
The staff were friendly, all speak very good english and were always happy to help.
One piece of advice - DO NOT go down to the Jacuzzi/sauna/steam room. The smell was unbelievable and the Jacuzzi didn't actually bubble! We stayed down there for half an hour even though we paid for 2 hours. There's no windows in the place so I think because it hadn't been used much it became damp and the smell of the water just lingered. We couldn't even go into the steam room because we nearly passed out from the smell.
All in all, for the money paid I felt this was a good place to stay, clean, spacious apartments, close to the amenities of the area. Surrounded by restaurants and 2 supermarkets and an ATM. I would recommend this place for a cheap, comfortable holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ALBUFEIRA SOL HOTEL APARTAMENTO & SPA **** after a full renovation and redecoration asserts itself as a modern luxurious 4 ****, which provides guests with all the comfort and service of the highest quality in all inclusive. Its location, range of services, wellness and hospitality is the ideal choice for your stay. In vacation or working we bring you together all the conditions to offer "a relaxing and enjoyable stay". Share your holiday with us and enjoy excellent access to the best beaches in the Algarve! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Albufeira Sol Suite Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pancho Aparthotel Albufeira
- Dom Pancho Portugal
- Dom Pancho Algarve
- Dom Pancho Albufeira
- Dom Pancho Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Albufeira Dom Pancho
- Albufeira Sol Suite Hotel & Spa Portugal - Algarve