We stayed here from the 15th-22nd of May. I had read the earlier reviews and knew not to expect anything great.
When we arrived at the hotel at 1pm we were told our room wasnt ready until after 2.30pm, not really a problem for us so we headed for st. eulalia beach, which is lovely and about a 10/15 minute walk from the hotel.Got to our room which was on the 5th floor, and it was spotlessly clean, and more than adequate for us both. the balcony was a good size, compared to some of the others.And the bed was very comfortable.
I had read on earlier reviews that you only get one change of towels, this is quite true, the maids didnt leave any clean towels and I had to ask reception for them and within 30 minutes we got them.
Reception staff seemed helpful and friendly enough,.
There are 2 small lifts in the main reception area, one of which was out of order most of the time and when it did work some poor sod was stuck in for ages till the engineer got them out. The pool area looked to be clean enough from our balcony, but the one time we sat around the pool was enough, the grass is covered with cigarette butts and is sodden squelchy wet. The sun loungers need to be cleaned if not renewed.
The barman seems to work all the hours God sends, and despite this he stayed friendly and polite. The entertainment was awful, Fred West is alive and well and making a living as an Elvis impersonator, it is so awful its worth watching, but only if you have a few drinks beforehand
The hotel is situated on a back road and about 5-10 minute walk from the main strip which is bars restaurants shops and more bars restaurants and shops.
We hired a car for the week and went to different places, Vilamoura is a lot more upmarket than Albufeira.The island of Tavira is well worth a visit if you get sick of the bars restaurants and shops and want a fantastic beach.
Overall the hotel was very good value for money it cost £100 for both of us for the week, and our flights were cheap too, So for a couple of hundred quid it was a bargain, If you want a clean and basic hotel, enjoy a few drinks, like to watch the drunks make fools of themselves and see Fred West in action then its a giggle.
You only ever get what you pay for, and a holiday is only what you make it, The Dom Pancho isnt the Ritz but it aint that bad either
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ALBUFEIRA SOL HOTEL APARTAMENTO & SPA **** after a full renovation and redecoration asserts itself as a modern luxurious 4 ****, which provides guests with all the comfort and service of the highest quality in all inclusive. Its location, range of services, wellness and hospitality is the ideal choice for your stay. In vacation or working we bring you together all the conditions to offer "a relaxing and enjoyable stay". Share your holiday with us and enjoy excellent access to the best beaches in the Algarve! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Albufeira Sol Suite Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pancho Aparthotel Albufeira
- Dom Pancho Portugal
- Dom Pancho Algarve
- Dom Pancho Albufeira
- Dom Pancho Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Albufeira Dom Pancho
- Albufeira Sol Suite Hotel & Spa Portugal - Algarve