6 lads stayed at the Dom Pancho for 3 nights at the start of May. We had 2 rooms - each with one bedroom. These were perfect for what we wanted, and had twin beds in the bedrooms with a sofa bed in the lounge area.
The rooms were a good size and seemed to have been recently refurbished. They were spotlessly clean and included a nice bathroom, table and 4 chairs, TV, balcony, and a new kitchen area with a couple of hobs, microwave, fridge and cutlery/crockery - ideal for what we needed. If you were planning to prepare meals then this could potentially be a problem. We didn't prepare any food in the room, so I can't comment on this.
Checking in was easy. All the staff are polite, both at reception and in the pool/bar area. The pool area was great, with a large main pool and small kid's pool, sun loungers and surrounding grassed area. Even though we were a group of 6 lads aged between 26 and 30 on a stag trip, the apartments were filled mainly with families, groups of women and couples, so they're ideal for any type of holiday. The pool area was relaxed and fairly quiet.
There are tennis courts but we didn't use them. The bar area has outdoor seating and serves a range of drinks, as well as food during the day. The bar/restaurant inside is a good size and has various things going on during certain nights. We didn't use this though.
The apartments are a 2-5 minute walk from the 'strip', and you arrive right in the middle. From there, you can go either right (up) or left (down towards the beach). There's a large choice of restaurants, pubs and bars. The beach is about a 20-25 minute walk from the apartments, and was really nice.
All in all, the Dom Pancho was a great place to stay, especially for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ALBUFEIRA SOL HOTEL APARTAMENTO & SPA **** after a full renovation and redecoration asserts itself as a modern luxurious 4 ****, which provides guests with all the comfort and service of the highest quality in all inclusive. Its location, range of services, wellness and hospitality is the ideal choice for your stay. In vacation or working we bring you together all the conditions to offer "a relaxing and enjoyable stay". Share your holiday with us and enjoy excellent access to the best beaches in the Algarve! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Albufeira Sol Suite Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pancho Aparthotel Albufeira
- Dom Pancho Portugal
- Dom Pancho Algarve
- Dom Pancho Albufeira
- Dom Pancho Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Albufeira Dom Pancho
- Albufeira Sol Suite Hotel & Spa Portugal - Algarve