We stayed here for 2 weeks from 20th September, it has changed its name to Albufeira Sol, we were in a 1 bedroom apartment with pool view. The room was very spacious, nice sitting room, bedroom with plenty of hanging space for clothes. Lovely bathroom with bath and shower which dont normally get, the kitchen had 2 hobs, a combination oven/microwave, toaster and plenty pans, plates etc.....
The rooms were cleaned everyday and cannot fault the place, we were self catering so never ate in the restaurant, just had a few snacks by the pool like chips and sandwiches, they were okay but did prefer to either do something in apartment or pop out for breakfast/lunch....... Supermarket is just along the road so very handy. Also like Rumours for breakfast or they did lovely homemade burgers for lunch, we also liked a bar at the end of the road where hotel was on the right hand side, was run by a local lad, 1 pint was just 1.50 euros.
We loved the pool and could always get a sunbed, was plenty and did not have to be up at a daft time for this ( some people have commented that couldnt get sunbeds,maybe is a problem in high season but not when we were there) The pool was very cold but very refreshing if you were hot from the sun...
On a night time we like a restaurant down the main street called Rania's, ate there around 4 times and never had a bad meal, also liked the food in Little Britian and a restaurant called Cockerel Kitchen (need to book for here ) Also the Dubliner irish bar very good, live music on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, good laugh. We also liked a bar that was on the bottom road as if headiung for the strip, cant rem its name but it started with I and had cocktails half price before 10pm.
We personally were not taht keen on the strip, found it a bit OTT but liked the shops along there, on a night time prefered to go down the main street instead of the strip.. We also went into the old town which was fab, with all the different shops, bars, restaurants, live acts, music was great and plenty happening. We sometimes used the little train you can get (one way is 2.00 euros or all day 3.50 euros) or sometimes we just got a taxi as was only 4.50 euros
Overall I Think this area and apartments are fab and we would go back again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ALBUFEIRA SOL HOTEL APARTAMENTO & SPA **** after a full renovation and redecoration asserts itself as a modern luxurious 4 ****, which provides guests with all the comfort and service of the highest quality in all inclusive. Its location, range of services, wellness and hospitality is the ideal choice for your stay. In vacation or working we bring you together all the conditions to offer "a relaxing and enjoyable stay". Share your holiday with us and enjoy excellent access to the best beaches in the Algarve! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Albufeira Sol Suite Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pancho Aparthotel Albufeira
- Dom Pancho Portugal
- Dom Pancho Algarve
- Dom Pancho Albufeira
- Dom Pancho Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Albufeira Dom Pancho
- Albufeira Sol Suite Hotel & Spa Portugal - Algarve