All reviews choro mar the main block old town mini market main pool minute walk heated pool free minibus stag party apartment block apartment was clean brilliant holiday oura beach bar staff are most nights self catering holiday holiday makers
Reviewed May 17, 2016

This holiday was a nightmare from hell,5 days of no sleep because of noisy inappropriate foul mouth drunken young people. This used to be a lovely family run hotel but now it is just full of drunken kids and stag nights and hen parties that also keep you awake all hours of the morning. After reporting the issues night after night we decided to stop reporting after being ignored about the issue. me and my family will not be returning to this hotel again and I advise anyone who wants to chill out and have a lovely holiday to not go to this hotel as it is a joke.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank meganmeganmcconnell
Reviewed May 14, 2016

If you you want to be woken up at 5am by rowdy selfish fellow guests banging doors and swearing at the top of their lungs go ahead and book this accommodation. I appreciate everyone wants to kick back and relax on holiday, but management are aware the noise levels in the early hours are causing problems. Shame really as the apartments are beautifully decorated in a good location. I was glad when I checked out as I knew that night I'd be getting a good night sleep. A nightmare holiday that is finally over!!!

Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
4  Thank little187
Reviewed May 6, 2016

Just back home from another wonderful holiday staying at the Choromar Apartments. Our room was perfect and lovely to see the apartments had been redecorated. Food beautiful reasonably priced. Entertainment brilliant as usual. Great to see all the wonderful staff. Graca, Manal. Maria, Rafael, Fatima. Carlos, Pedro & Marcus the karaoke kings. It was lovely to see people we had met on previous visits. The Choromar is a fantastic place to stay. A 15min walk to the strip. Taxis cheap to old town. Will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: Every apartment block has its own pool.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
8  Thank ethBangorCoDown
Reviewed May 3, 2016

Just returned from a 7 day stay at the Choromar and like the previous review here could not fault it. Within 20 minutes of arrival we had been quickly and efficiently checked in and shown to our room and could not have been more pleased with it. Studio apartment which was situated in Block 2 (nr. 0005) but detached from main block and is probably best described as a self contained "granny flat" and has it's own enclosed little garden - lovely. All fittings & fixtures were really nice & modern. The studio consisted of bed/living room plus a walk-in wardrobe & a partitioned off kitchen area with oven, 2 ring hob, kettle, toaster & fridge and loads of storage space - only thing missing was a plug for the sink! Lovely bathroom with a small bath & shower attachment and again ample storage for all your "bits n pieces". Outside in the garden were table, 2 chairs & sunbeds and the garden itself was a real suntrap from morning to evening. The whole complex is extremely well maintained and spotless in all areas and all the staff from reception to bar staff to cleaners work tirelessly to keep this so - everyone was very very pleasant and helpful. The only downside(if any) to this studio was the lighting - or lack of it! apart from the bathroom the rest was very dimly lit and when the window shutters were closed it was a bit dark even with the lights on - not a major problem but it would definitely benefit from stronger lighting. Cleaning of the studio was done 5 days out of the 7 we stayed with towel change 3 times but no linen change.
The Choromar is built in blocks which vary in size - some two storey and some five storey. The five stories are in sections and each section has it's own pool with sunbeds/brollys - these pools are all in addition to the main pool which is outside the bar area and all a bit "regimental" as far as the sunbeds are concerned - all in a line and very little space between them. At the time we were there building work was going on near the main pool - looked like maybe another pool level was being laid - only guessing of course but it would certainly ease what could be congestion around the pool come high season.
The bar at Choromar serves food and has a varied menu from light snacks to main meals and all reasonably priced - however, can't recommend the beef lasagne which I tried one evening - all pasta & cheese and about a teaspoon full of mince! - otherwise the meals were good and very nicely presented. For drinks we paid 5euros for a large draft beer & a large glass of wine. The bar staff are all very pleasant & attentive and there is also light entertainment on every evening from 9.30pm.
Choromar is situated approx. 20 minutes walk from the lively Strip area with it's numerous bars, restaurants, shops and lively night life but if your not up to walking there are plenty of taxis available - didn't use one ourselves so can't advise the price. Further afield is the Old Town of Albufeira with its abundance of bars, shops etc etc and the Choromar run a courtesy bus there twice a day (except Wednesdays & public holidays) at 11.00 am & 3pm.
Choromar has it's own mini mart but at the time of our stay was closed for refurbishment. The nearest Supermarket is about 15 minutes walk and there is also a mini mart/café nearby.
This was our third visit to Albufeira over a period of time and should we ever go again would be more than happy to return to the Choromar so don't let any of the negative reviews put you off - they really are unfounded. Go and enjoy, we certainly did.

Room Tip: Ground floor for easy access as no lifts. Top floor for views.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Lesley186410
Reviewed May 2, 2016 via mobile

Only home from here today and had to write a review straight away! I was in such a panic after reading some of the awful reviews on here! I seriously cannot fault this place!! I have serious OCD an this place was absolutely spotless! I had considered bringing cleaning materials after reading the reviews but I literally didn't see one bit of dirt! Our apartment was amazing! Massive, modern, spotless, alot of storage, me an my friends were over the moon with it!! So ignore the nasty reviews as I would 100% recommend this place and would go back again!!!

Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends