Booked this hotel as it's marketed as tranquil peaceful and relaxing, it would have been perfect however at 8.10 am on the dot peace was interrupted with piped music tracks that went on until at least 8 pm. If it just been played in the restaurant and bar fair enough but round the pool all day. A previous reviewer stated it reminded them of butlins. It wasnt really needed as it spoilt the tranquility of the hotel and pool. If people want to hear music then they play their own choice through headphones like we do.
To have peace interrupted all day by someone else's choice of music some of which was certainly not to our taste it was a disappointment. Have it on in the morning for a few hours then give it a rest for the afternoon so people can have a snooze or read inpeace. We did ask twice for it to be turned in the afternoon twice,they duly obliged but we felt bad for having to ask. Quite a few guests there were of the same opinion,one if them had been asking previous week to have it turned down
The hotel itself a gem but the location for anyone with mobility issues would not recommend unless you want to stay in the hotel all the time or take taxis
We found the hills a bit of a pain but did only get taxi back twice...
The marina isn't up to much but worth a visit as it's quiet and has some nice bars which serve great cocktails, couple of nice restaurants, however most of the area is horrendous gaudy coloured apartment blocks and empty shop units.. What a shame it could be made into something so much attractive
Hotel room was excellent plenty of hanging space great powerful shower comfy and exceptionally clean
We were kept awake a lot by the people next door having their air con all night so the constant buzzing vibration and whirring from their unit which was against our wall was annoying
Staff are lovely and Carol is very helpful
Supermarket very close and dont buy water in the hotel, it's 2.5 euro for a litre you can get a 5 litre bottle for much less than at the supermarket
The lunch at the hotel is great they do lovely salads very nicely presented, plenty of it
Breakfast was very good great assortment of breads and bacon scrambled eggs sausages and beans. Sausages were sometimes the hot dog ones and yuk but some days we had really nice ones scrambles eggs made fresh
.plus the usual ham cheese fruit boiled eggs etc
One thing that amused us was a list of what it would cost you if you dared take anything eg 30 cents for a pat of butter, plus various other charges for a piece of ham or cheese and a slice of bread...We have stayed in hundreds of hotels over the years but never seen this before have seen notices asking people not to take things but never a list of charges., be warned there are cameras all over !
Albufeira we thought was a bit of a dump..the old town was nothing like we expected, it was tacky and not really anything charming about it all. We found Lagos further up the coast to be much better with more local type bars and restaurants but without the element of groups of mouthy Brits
The term old town is very very mis leading !,
Ate at il castelo and that was excellent, and atrium was very good as well, lot of people rave about 3 crowns but we were quite ill after eating there
Would never go back to albufeira too much like our city on a Friday night !
But the hotel is gem
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a landscaped garden, this hotel overlooks Albufeira’s new marina and offers elegantly decorated rooms with balconies. Only 700 metres from the beach, it features an outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi.Cerro Da Marina Hotel’s air-conditioned rooms are decorated in neutral colours. Each room overlooks the garden or the pool, and has a flat-screen satellite TV and a minibar.Guests can start their day with a breakfast buffet. The hotel’s restaurant opens to the pool area and serves international cuisine and Mediterranean dishes. Special diet menus are also available.The nearest golf course is 4 km away, and close to the hotel there are water parks and zoo parks. The Main Church of Albufeira and the Fisherman's Beach Albufeira are only 700 metres away.Faro Airport is 27 km away, and the hotel offers free public parking on site. A car rental service is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cerro da Marina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Da Marina Hotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve
- Cerro Da Marina Albufeira