I stayed at the Cerro Malpique in late September 2010 with my other half. We book a Superior Apartment which are located in Cerro Malpique 2 and DO have AIR CON!! So thats a bonus. They are a few minutes walk from the reception down steps, a hill and then along the road, but not really a problem. The only observation I would have is that there is no reception area in Malpique 2, so anyone can wonder in off the street and find themselves right outside your apartment door.
The apartment was very spacious, all necessary amenities and load of storage space. When we were there only a few of the other apartments were taken so we basically found we had the pool areas to ourselves for most of the week. Malpique 2 has a childrens pool and a normal pool. Space around them isn't really that great so I wouldn't expect there to be a lot of room if the apartments were full. Cleaners were fine, linen changed three times in a week. It isn't the cleanest place I have stayed in but it is more than adequate. The beds were comfortable enough, but there is never enough pillows!
The location is good, literally 5 mins walk will take you into the old town, although it is down the 100 steps, these weren't a problem for us, but I wouldn't recommend for people with any walking problems. If you wanted to avoid the steps, you can go along the road towards the Brisa Sol and then back on yourself, I would say that is 10-15 mins walk into the old town that way. Loads of nice restaurants and bars to choose from. There is also a beach down there.
We walked round to the marina, and the strip whilst we were there, but the old town is definitely the best part of the resort - but both are worth a look if you are going to Albufeira for the first time.
Generally, I was quite pleased with everything about the holiday so if you are looking for a cheap place to stay, near the old town, this one is a good choice!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cerro Malpique is a modern high standard complex of self-catering apartments situated at the heart of Albufeira in the center of the Algarve, with fabulous views over the sea and the old town of Albufeira. Cerro Malpique provides guests a relaxing and comfortable setting in a well-equipped accommodation. Composed of 63 apartments separated in two buildings, Malpique I and Malpique II. Old town of Albufeira and Oura are within easy reach from the apartments, while the beach is 1.2 km away. A small selection of shops are within the immediate vivacity, including a supermarket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cerro Malpique Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Malpique Aparthotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve
- Cerro Malpique Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira