We booked this accommodation at the last minute and got a brilliant deal from Booking.com, I read the reviews and thought there might be a slight exageration over the access to the place but no, it is for real!
We live in Spain and rode to the Algarve by motorbike and found the Cerro Malpique Apartments with no problems at all, we have been to Albufeira many times in the past but thought self catering was something different for us.
The Apartment grounds are very nice and the reception helpful and open 24 hours a day, the accommodation itself (Room 403 1 bedroom apartment overlooking the pool) was massive with all the space you could need, a well stocked kitchen and loads of storage space, I could see the place being ample for 4 people however on the down side you wouldn't want to be the ones sleeping on the sofa bed, it was uncomfortable enough as a sofa! The beds were wobbly and creaky too but I have slept in worse... you just need to find a comfortable position and stay in it!
The place was quiet so we didn't suffer from any excessive noise either day or night and the partition walls seemed to be solid enough not to hear people above or below at inconvenient times.
The true downside to the place is the access to the old town from the apartment, you can either use a long flight of steep steps and a longish downhill walk or a longer run of shallow ones (yes, really 100 in total) which bring you out into the main plaza. I found going down to the town best using the steep steps and coming up the shallower ones, whatever you use you need to be fit (or young!!)
Whatever you do don't use the internet at the reception, it is a complete rip off - 5 euros for half an hour when you can get the same amount of time in the town for 50 cents.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cerro Malpique is a modern high standard complex of self-catering apartments situated at the heart of Albufeira in the center of the Algarve, with fabulous views over the sea and the old town of Albufeira. Cerro Malpique provides guests a relaxing and comfortable setting in a well-equipped accommodation. Composed of 63 apartments separated in two buildings, Malpique I and Malpique II. Old town of Albufeira and Oura are within easy reach from the apartments, while the beach is 1.2 km away. A small selection of shops are within the immediate vivacity, including a supermarket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cerro Malpique Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Malpique Aparthotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve
- Cerro Malpique Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira