Just got back from 10 nights stay in Cerro Malpique 1 aparthotel with my boyfriend and have had a fantastic holiday! I have to admit i was slightly worried after reading reviews about what the apartments were going to be like...but when we opened the door to our apartment we were greeted with a lovely spacious room with sunlight beaming in through the patio doors! Anyone who has said the apartments were drab and depressing cant have been staying at the same hotel! Yes the apartment had wooden furniture and so what if its a little dated...what can you expect for the price you pay?! The main thing was the apartment was clean and our towels were changed frequently throughout our stay. We had a lovely sea view from our apartment 501 which also overlooked the pool area.
The pool area was lovely, there was never a struggle to get a sunbed there was always a lovely relaxing atmostphere. The pool itself isnt overly big however its perfect for a dip to cool you down and has different depths which is nice. As for the 'cracked tiles in the pool' there was only one little area where there were a few tiles missing, big deal.
Overall I think most of the people leaving these reviews are expecting far too much for the price they have paid. We got this hotel at a great price for 10 nights and was thrilled with what we got. The hotel is in a great location, only a short distance away from the Old Town which is fantastic and has a lovely atmosphere...loads of places to eat and lots of shops also close to the beach. Yes you have to climb quite a lot of steps to get to and from the Old Town but if you take it at a slow pace it's absolutely fine...some people are just lazy!
I would definitely stay at Cerro Malpique again and plan to go back to Albufeira Old Town in the future because it really was a brilliant holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cerro Malpique is a modern high standard complex of self-catering apartments situated at the heart of Albufeira in the center of the Algarve, with fabulous views over the sea and the old town of Albufeira. Cerro Malpique provides guests a relaxing and comfortable setting in a well-equipped accommodation. Composed of 63 apartments separated in two buildings, Malpique I and Malpique II. Old town of Albufeira and Oura are within easy reach from the apartments, while the beach is 1.2 km away. A small selection of shops are within the immediate vivacity, including a supermarket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cerro Malpique Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Malpique Aparthotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve
- Cerro Malpique Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira