Hotel Apartamento Brisa Sol
Vila Gale Atlantico(Gale)(Great Value!)
$104
  • Breakfast included
$46
TripAdvisor
1,890 results
All reviewscake shoppool viewself cateringold townshopping centre next doortourist trainindian sizzlersnack baroverlooked the car parkday ticketlarge supermarketgames roomplenty of sunbedslovely hotelgreat holidayhalf boardhotel bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stay here in early april lovely hotel rooms spacious had a job getting used to the shower supermarket next all three floors a train stops outside to take u to the strip and the old town only 3euros fot the over 60s to ride allday jump on and off for everyone else 4 euros macdonalds and kentucky across the road fat cat's a walk away good food and football if thats your things. For us not such a good holiday hubby taken ill and hospitalised if it hadnt been for my daughter I would have been alone as for the thomson rep well she was informed but not once did she search me out to offer any help. The only thing she was interested in was whether we had a certificate to fly NO HELP AT ALL a very stessful holiday I dont feel ive had a holiday at all but I shall go back as I didnt get to do what I wanted

Room Tip: We were in room 01 just by the reception very central
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week self catering in April 2013 for my honeymoon. When booking the hotel i requested a double bed as i was my honeymoon and on arrival there were a beautiful bouquet of flowers and sparkling wine, which i thought was a lovely touch. The self catering apartment was lovely with a nice big bathroom and lounge/kitchen area opening onto a balcony. the bed was nice and comfy to sleep on. for me i like a fairly firm mattress, and this was lovely. The only downside to our room was the view, the hotel was across the road from McDonalds and next to pizza hut. The pool area was lovely and i spent a few days lounging around the pool drinking sangria from the bar. the pool is surrounded by grass with plenty of well spaced out loungers and umbrellas. the pool is not heated so in April was very cold, but once you took the plunge it was fine. The snacks from the pool bar were also tasty & well priced. I can recommend the cafe out the front of the hotel as i ate there a few nights. its just simple "snack food" more like a sandwich and chips etc but the cakes are divine! there is a supermarket & taxi rank adjacent the hotel which is handy if you do actually plan to use the self catering facilities. The hotel is about a 15 min stroll down the long sandy beach and resort centre, or if you are feeling very lazy if a couple of euro in the taxi. It was about 3 euro if i remember rightly. The resort centre was very "touristy" to me. It had a lot of souvenir shops and bars showing sky sports, but if you head to the beach front some of the restaurants looking out over the sea are very pleasant. over all i thought the hotel itself was great, the area of Albuferia not so much for me.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank arabianfantasy
Reviewed April 20, 2014

What a lovely relaxing holiday. The hotel apartment was spotlessly clean, maid service every day if needed.. The views were amazing from our balcony, looking out over the sea and poolside views.My husband and I took our 13 year old son and 4 year granddaughter with us. There as plenty to do on site.... outside pools, inside heated pool, massages, Jacuzzi, dance fit, gym, games room, internet area, babysitting services, bars and restaurants. The hotel was also near the old town which was 5 minutes walk away and fantastic beaches...if you didn't to walk a tourist train done a circular route. Although family orientated, there were plenty of 'quiet places in the hotel and areas in the bar where we had a quiet drink and marvelled at the views...try the cocktails and the Portuguese steak...mouth watering. There was a choice of restaurants very nearby such as Chinese, Indian and of course Portuguese. The staff were friendly, polite and were more than happy to advise of the local area. Nearby was a shopping mall, offering beauty, hair and manicures, coffee shops and crafts. We are going back again this year, we enjoyed it so much!!!

2  Thank Maria209011
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We chose this place for a 1 week Easter break after reading some reviews here on Tripadvisor.
We were travelling as a family of 2 adults with 2 children and fitted easily into the large one bedroom apartment which had all the facilities we needed.
Some great plus points are the daily cleaning, the full-fitted bathroom complete with toiletries and hairdryer included, the immaculately kept lawn/pool area, plus that great little indoor pool.
Mentioning the indoor pool, I was worried that on the cooler days it would be packed with people but I was actually surprised that it was not more popular. A great feature and our children made full use of it!

The hotel is superbly located and plenty of other reviews will tell you what is nearby. All good stuff!

I've rated the hotel as excellent because overall it was just so, however that does not mean there were not a few minor gripes which I'll mention just in case:
- The pillows provided are very thin and only one each. We asked for two extra but they never arrived (but no matter for me, I just folded up one of the heavy blankets, placed it under my pillow and that sufficed)
- The wi-fi was reasonable value (€7/week) but the signal did not reach the bedroom which is just the point where I would have most liked to make use of it. This may vary depending upon your room.
- The patio doors in our room did not securely lock. I should have reported this in resort so my bad.
- The floor tiles are not-textured so quite smooth and slippery when wet. My daughter slipped and fell :-(
- Fridge did not have ice box so no keeping ice for drinks, ice lollies, or ice creams.

One excellent thing is within the hotel building but is external facing, is the "Pasteleria Riviera". This place has a superb range of cakes and snacks, plus serves other food, breakfasts, snacks, ice-cream, coffee, beer and so on. We noticed it was very popular with the locals too and is open until 1AM to satisfy those with a late night sweet tooth.

We had a super holiday and this place helped make it so.

Room Tip: A room along the front on the 1st floor will probably hear some noise from the bar, car park, shops etc. For a quiet evening either a room at the top or one on the lower floors at the back is better. One tip I must give: make sure the room has one of the new large screen TVs, they have a USB port so take a cable for your iPod or a USB memory stick and have your holiday tunes sorted!
3  Thank tickerhacker
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed here on a self catering Studio Apartment. This room was for 2 adults and 1 child. A twin bed for the adults and 1 sofa bed for the child. The room had a kitchen and all the basics from pots and pans to all the utensils needed to cook your own food. The room was a good size and had a good sized wardrobe to store all the clothes needed; again it also had a good sized bathroom with shower/bath wash area.The room lead onto a balcony which has a small table and a couple of chairs to sit out and enjoy the view.

I was really impressed with the housekeeping team who came in each day and cleaned the room. Everything was immaculate from the second you walked into the hotel, all the way into your room.

The hotel did have a good outdoor pool which was freezing but you did get used to it once in and we enjoyed this everyday. We also did enjoy the pool side bar and the food was good quality and well priced. As we were in the pool view room we did see that the pool was cleaned daily and the chairs cleaned and tidied away each night.

The hotel is in a perfect location as it was a short walk from either the new or old town. The city sight seeing bus stopped just up the road and the tourist train stops just outside the hotel. Also just outside the hotel is a large supermarket which has everything you would need and to the other side is THE CAKE SHOP which I will review seperatly but is a MUST for anyone who stays at this hotel.

The only thing needed was an improvement of English speaking channels as we did have a young chld with us and we did have to stay in on the evenings so a channel or two would have been good but not a major issue.

I would happily stay at this hotel again but I would make sure that I had a pool view as I did hear some people complain about the noise from the road side but we enjoyed the quiet from our pool side view room.

Room Tip: Choose a pool side view, we was in 216 and we were extreamly happy
3  Thank dazjob