“No Complaints”

Ranked #14 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
York, United Kingdom
“No Complaints”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Brisa Sol at the end of August. We had an absolutely fantastic time, made even better by the quality of the hotel. The staff were superb, always attentive and very friendly. The hotel was always kept very clean, including around the hotel poor area, where we spent most of our time! When we did venture out in to the city, the hotel was in the most perfect position, with the old town 5 minutes walk one way, the new town 5 minutes walk the another. We would definitely consider going back in the future, and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank James W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My best mate and I came here for a weeks girls holiday - lovely, clean room, nice pool area, no problem getting a sunbed! Food was lovely too, great value for money, no complaints! Great location too, and Albufeira is a very lively town!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Stokesley, Cleveland, UK
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed at the Brisa Sol Christmas week from the 21st December and very pleased with the hotel. We booked a suite and dare I say I was pleased with the large accomdation and cleanliness of the room. The hotel was great value and we found all the staff to be friendly and accomodating, so if I returned i would proberly return. We did a half board basis and I was very happy with the food side of things, evening meals albeit very few, we found to be very tasty and enough to fill us up with a reasonable choice of varied foods. The sweets are amazing and I was very pleased with these. Breakfast was fine with a good choice of cooked breakfasts and nice choice of pastries too. I must admit that we found our breakfasts to be perfectly cooked and hot - so no compliants there. Did the Christmas Gala Meal, nice food however a bit of a bun fight to get food as everybody was invited to go for food once the buffet opened - so you can imagine the carnage !
There is not a lot going on in Albuferia over Christmas week, so it was a bit of a ghost town, but there were plenty of bars and adequete restaurants open to serve us. Don't think I would do Albuferia again at Christmas, as not enough going on for us, but it was a pleasent escape.
Nicely placed hotel between the strip and old town so good for that.
Would like to thank Marco for his polite and courtious service throughout our stay - a great example of customer service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shello
Edinburgh
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Transfer From Faro Airport with Yellowfish Tranfers = Fantastic Transfer with free WIFI

Fantastic stay at the Brisa Sol Hotel, rooms very clean, and of a good size lovely view of the beach and Albufeira when you take a pool view. Breakfast was very good whit a vast choice to chose from. Indoor pool a bit cool, but was clean, heath club was good value for 30 euros for a week. Staff were fantastic and very helpful.

Riviera cake shop well worth a visit fantastic cakes on offer & good coffee

Room Tip: Pool View A Must
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
kidderminster
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at The Brisa Sol on my recent Christmas golf break, which i booked with golfbreaks.com. I have long admired this place but never stayed there so was really looking forward to it. The price i paid was exceptionally good. So i knew and was prepared to upgrade on arrival which i did for 7euro per night to a pool view, which was deffinatley worth the little bit extra. The apartments are very nice, but very limited on cooking utilities so we booked breakfast every day and ate out every evening. The location is very good, so even at Christmas we did not struggle to find a good place to eat each night. The golf was the higflight of this break though. Even tough i did enjoy the small indoor pool.

Now, i would not choose this time of year to go again. The main town of Albufeira was like a ghost town, i mean like being on the moon at times. No Christmas trees, lights or any of that its a very low key affair. This may have an upside because the few places that were open everything from drinks to meals even in top restaurants was really good value.

The down side to all this was, the breakfast in the hotel although it looked very good, was always stone cold, so we wish we hadn't done that. But the thing that put me off the place for life was just one man. The misserable bloke who runs the bar. The first few days we started our evenings and finished in the hotel bar, but after 4 days i had, had enough of this chap and stopped going in. Obviously he's in the wrong job and he hates people, but i think he hates customers more. I tried to be nice and make friends and even gave generous tips but to no avail, i think he is the worst, ruddest person i have met on being a regular visitor to the Algarve for over 20 years.

To sum up if you don't have breakfast and you dont use the bar its really quite nice.

Room Tip: Pool view i think is a must
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank ChrisHutton
EDINBURGH
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We chose this hotel for a weeks winter break in mid December and based our selection almost entirely on the reviews on Trip Advisor. I'm pleased to confirm that we were not disappointed and found that all the good things people had to say about this hotel were spot on. If you are looking for a well located base, generously sized rooms and good facilities then you wont go wrong staying here.

That said, I wasn't as blown away with the hotel as some earlier reviewers appear to have been. Maybe I'm just too hard to please! Don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel, and for the money (£550 for 1 weeks HB for 3 adults sharing a 1 bedroom apartment) I am not complaining and, tellingly, I would most probably go back. But, if I am being hobest, I didn't think it was quite up to a 4 star rating.

While the apartments are extraordinarily generously sized, the furnishings are very dated and tired and there is a kind of "1980s" feel about the place. Hard to describe but there it is.

We were also a bit disappointed with the the food served in the restaurant. While the breakfast was superb, and the waiting staff exceptionally pleasant and helpful, the evening meal was most certainly not stellar.

We had anticipated a hot buffet selection, something we enjoy on holiday, but we were advised on arrival that as there were so few guests this had been replaced by a three course menu with a choice of two starters and two mains. This wasn't a major problem for us and we were happy to go with it. We appreciated that it was low season and that is would have been wasteful and uneconomic to have provided a full buffet choice for so few guests. That said, the starters proved generally pretty poor. Either bland liquidised soups or (1) two sardines on a slice of bread and garnished with lettuce (2) a few slices of processed wafer thin ham atop some tinned pineapple slices (3) a small cheese omelette (4) apple coleslaw served over some diced chicken . Pretty basic stuff that even I could have knocked up in five minutes and certainly not what I deem to be restaurant quality. The mains were admittedly better, sometimes a grilled steak or roast meat, chicken or fish. There was ALWAYS a fish dish. But the accompaniments were ALWAYS CARROTS, and two other veg, and were clearly of the frozen variety. All cooked well but lacking the quality and imagination you would expect to fInd in a proper 4 star hotel restaurant. Dessert was a much reduced sweet trolley with two or sometimes three to choose from. There was also never any fresh fruit at dinner.

Maybe it was just the time of year and maybe the food is better in the summer, but it was a bit disappointing. In fact, I think our overall impressions of the hotel and the resort were to some extent adversely coloured by the fact Albufeira was absolutely stone dead during our week there. It really was like a ghost town with most places shuttered up. We spoke to some other guests who had been going there for years and they said that they had never seen it so quiet.
We went expecting quiet but not as bad as this!

I reckon it's very different in the summer and can well understand why people would want to go here. But for a late winter break I think I will choose somewhere else next year.

Room Tip: Pool/sea view rooms allow you to sunbathe on the balcony all day.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank OEDNOM
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My huband and i stayed for 5 nights in december 2013.When i opened the door to our 1 bedroom apartment all i could say was wow.The apartment was so lovely and so big.Plenty of wardrobe space,very comfy beds,a huge lounge with a flat screen tv,a kitchen,and the balcony overlooking the sea.Its in a fantastic location,inbetween the old town and the strip.Theres a very big supermarket next door and not to expensive.opposite you have a kfc and a mcdonalds.Theres a little train outside the hotel that costs 4 euros for an all day ticket and will take you to old town and the strip.As we went out of season there was not a lot open along the strip but in the summer there would be so many bars and restaurants to choose from.My favourite place was old town its on the beach fantastic scenary and plenty of shops bars and restaurants.We went on a coach trip booked it at the ticket shop great value for money.We went on the eastern algarve tour and it only cost 15 euros each.It was an 11 hour coach trip,stopped of at 4 towns in portugal with time in each for shopping and sight seeing,then we went over the portugal border to ayamonte the first town in spain.Next door to the brisa sol theres a faboulous cake shop lots of cakes to choose from and very cheap.We used the indoor pool at the brisa sol it was a heated pool and was really good.It was such a great holiday it was with a heavy heart i had to leave to go back home.I would definatly go back to albuferia and to the same hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple