“loved it”

Ranked #111 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
surrey
“loved it”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We needed accommodation for 1 week and literally fell upon this place It s gorgeous and I would definately reccommend and return there... It has a very small pool but who needs it when you have the sea a stone s throw away. It is a 5 minute walk from the beach and a 10 minute walk from bars restaurants etc Ideal for us Yes it has lots of steps but its a beautiful Portuguese hotel not a modern block of concrete. Staff are wonderful esp the super breakfast waiter/ gardener/bell boy/night manager. He s all the same person and never stops smiling Nothing is too much trouble a real star x

Room Tip: The higher the beeter but further to carry your case!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked 10 days at the Vila Bela in Albuferia in August, the holiday was simply amazing, ive never been to Portugal but I would definatly recommend it!
The Vila Bela is such a nice place to stay, the staff and reception team are so helpful and will go the extra mile for any guest. There are alot of steps in the hotel and in the entrance , which helped after eating all the lovely food but I would not recommend it for people who are not keen on walking/exploring. Loads to do in the area and such a great location, its a 5 minute walk to the beach and into old town and a 15 minute bus ride to new town.
We did two day trips through Thompson which i would highly recommend!

Definalty will be returning. Only downside is no air conditioning in the rooms, but with the nice coastal breeze it didnt bother us at all. Rooms are clean and well looked after and the maids are really nice.
9/10!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Having read many of the reviews I was a bit nervous about my choice. There were so many people highlighting little grievances and, to top it all, I use a cane and walk with some difficulty. The town, beach, bars and restaurants are mostly downhill with the journey back necessitating a taxi in my case (6 euros). The climbing isn't restricted to the great outdoors: there are several flights of stairs within the apartments.
The breakfast is basic as others have commented but enough to set you up for the day. (If you insist on the Great British Breakfast it's only 10/15 minutes walk away. The only other negative I'd agree with is the lack of a kettle in my room to make a morning cup of coffee to accompany my obligatory cigarette on the balcony. Take a travel kettle.
All that said, after seriously considering two weeks in Bela Vila a bit of a risk before I booked, I stayed there for a very happy four weeks!
The staff? Probably the best group of people you could wish for in a tourist venue. Welcomed by Ray the barman from south London and a memorable character who was helpful throughout my stay with tips on local restaurants beaches etc, I was passed on to Susan who runs Vila Bela with Carlos. She thoughtfully placed me in the ideal room (at the front and with a balcony and only a short flight of steps below the wonderful rooftop pool). The twin-bedded room was freshly decorated, sparely furnished but very comfortable. The shower/bath and toilet was clean and there was no shortage of hot water at any time of the day. Rooms and bathroom were cleaned daily by the wonderful Manuela. She had no English and I don't speak any Portuguese but her good nature was infectious.
Dimas, a Ukranian who had lived in Portugal for 13 years, then took me through the operation of the blinds etc He, like Ray, was a laugh a minute and seemed to be the jack of all trades even spelling Ray and George in the bar below the apartments.
The other guests were mostly from the UK and were a good mix: Scousers, Geordies, Brummies, a few Jocks like myself and a wonderful Welsh couple who were on their ninth stay at Vila Bela. The majority were in their 40s, 50s and 60s though there were some young people too.
There were too many highlights to mention. The traditional Portuguese restaurant (left and up the hill at the roundabout) and the Sunday BBQ at Bar L'Arte (400m to the right past the large supermarket) stand out nearby. The three restaurants on the cliff near the elevator to the beach are all good value.
Despite my disability I had a great time at Bela Vila. The people both staff and guests were the stars. I booked another two weeks. And I'll be back.

Room Tip: My room at the front was perfect for me. The balcony was sunny till mid-afternoon. traffic noise was...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Al B
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Just come back from 10 nights at this hotel.

Was a lovely place but the only downside was all the steps you had to walk up.
The pool area was lovely and the staff couldnt do enough for you. They look after your passports for you in their safe, but you can ask for them back whenever you like.

I went with just one of my mates for my 21st. We went into the new town every night which is only about 10 mins away but you need to get a taxi there which costs 6 euro each way.
The only thing is, if you come back at a silly time in the morning like we did, the gate will be locked, but there is a bell which you can press and someone will come and let you in.

The old town is lovely in the day and there is some really nice places to go and eat. We only walked through there at night to go and get our taxi to the new town.

The new town is where everything happens. All the night clubs are there and all the busy bars are there too.

The only downside to this hotel is the breakfast is shocking - They only give you a breadd roll, a slice of ham and a slice of cheese. For a drink you can have a cuppa or some very weak orange juice.

Overall though i will go back to this hotel as it was good for the money. And Portugal its self was amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the high floor over looking the sea. They have the best views and there is sun on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Lovely place ! wonderful,helpful staff,carlos and susan was lovely!!Dimas is a very nice and helpful receptionist,etc.vila bela is close to the ocean .from our room window we sew the beach and the ocean.shops,restaurants,bars very closel lot of fun in albufeira!!!a small paradise!!!if you wish a quaiet holiday vila bela is perfect for you!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at this pension in may for 2 weeks from the 12th,on arriving at the accommodation we were greeted with smiles and a cheery hello,the vila bela is a basic but tidy place,all due to one cleaner who we called affectionately Gladys always a smile and hello no matter what time of day.The handy man cum waiter Dimas was a true gentleman nothing was too much for him if he could help you he would,he was basically there what seemed to be 24 hours a day,the receptionist/owner susan was not at all helpful considering she as lived in Portugal for many,many years she didn't seem to no anything of the area or it was that she couldn't be bothered to tell you we stayed in room 111 fantastic views of albufiera and a pool view all in all a very relaxing holiday. I would say it is quiet but there is a school right next door

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 66stuart
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Recently stayed at the Vila Bela and had an enjoyable holiday. We found the place to be a bit tired and dated, but clean and well maintained. The sun was shining, the beach was a short walk downhill, and the pool was there for the days when we felt a bit lazy!! The accommodation itself is located in the older part of the town, up-hill from the "Square", where most of the night life takes place. As we prefer quieter places we tended to go off the main drag and found a little cafe/bar nearby called Iguana Cafe, which served delicious coffees, snacks and ice cream. It had a fantastic terrace overlooking the sea, and you could see Vilamoura in the distance. I would visit Albufeira again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple