From the offset I was very impressed with the hotel. We received a warm welcome and a glass of champagne whilst reception had our suitcases taken up to our room for us which was a nice touch I was not expecting.
First gripe straight away though. We asked for a double room which we did get, however 2 x single beds pushed together does not make a double bed. Anyway, the room was clean and though perhaps needing a little modernisation we werent planning on spending our entire holiday in there so wasnt too bothered about that. The hair dryer wasnt great either.
I thought that the food was very good and there was a huge choice in my opinion. I see some others on here have moaned about the choice but honestly - how many different dishes do some people want? There had to be at least 10 different types of meat/fish/vegetarian options. Furthermore the head chef was stood in the restaurant every night waiting for any issues you had to be reported to him immediately. I put a few lbs on during my stay I can tell you.
The bar staff were all friendly and very helpful. They even bothered to remember my name which for me was a nice touch. I dont want to be called 'sir' or Mr XXXXXX all day every though some people might.
The Thompson gold staff/reps were also very friendly and helpful and genuniely looked they they were enjoying what they were doing which makes a big difference. Again they came over for a chat every now and again and seemed interested in how the holiday was going. The entertainment during the day was average but then I would question what exactly do people want to be during a holiday based on relaxation? It was just a bit of crazy golf and darts etc plus a quiz at 4:00pm.
The same T gold staff put on some great evening shows with limited resources and the standard of singing was very good. The performance stage was a bit bare though and I would recommend jazzing it up a little bit.
The pool outside was nice and clean and the indoor pool was also clean and we used both pretty much daily.
Second gripe - The Turkish bath did not work for about 3 days despite reporting it each day to reception. The staff were very polite and kept advising that they would get engineering to look into it but I love saunas/TB's and this did take the shine off a little bit for me.
Victor (the local knowledge rep) was very good and we went on a couple of walks with him which were informative and enjoyable.
Overall I would rate this hotel as 'very good'. It would have scored an excellent 5* apart from the issues above, namely,
1. Two single beds pushed together is not a double.
2. Turkish bath not working.
People may say 'why didnt you complain etc', but when I go on holiday I dont want to kick up a fuss, just relax and also these issues were not major really so I let them go.
All in all a very good hotel. I would definitely recommend it and would also consider going back there in years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Falesia Hotel is located close to Falesia Beach (800mts) and the town of Albufeira and in the center of the Algarve. Falesia Hotel in Acoteias surprise you with tranquil gardens and ample spaces, where one can soak the sun, tranquility, fresh air and smell of the beautifull umbrella shaped pine trees.For you well being and complete relaxation, there is a large outdoor pool as well as indoor one with Jacuzzi, Turkish Bath and Spa. Falesia Hotel is offering 169 rooms - all of the with the balcony and the views either of the pool, gardens, mountains - or even the driving range of the next door Golf Course. All the rooms also come with LCD satellite television, air condition (cold / hot) and very important free access to Wi-Fi connection. Our elegant "O Lago" restaurant is overlooking the Falesia Hotel beautiful gardens with some small fountains and where our delicious Buffett meals are served. "Show Bar" is the place to be in the evenings where the entertainment is provided for all those that are ready to party (occasional entertainment during the winter only). "Palm Bar" is serving those fantastic cocktails and the rest of the refreshing drinks during the high summer months.All the Golfers don't need to go far. There is a Golf Course next to Falesia Hotel and Vilamoura - with its best Golf Courses in Europe - is only up to 15 minutes drive from the Falesia Hotel.And if you want to have much bigger selection of shops, restaurants, bars, discos and any other entertainment, it is only between 5 and 8.5 Km to get to the capital of Portuguese tourism - Albufeira.If you are after complete relaxation you do not need to look any further. It is all waiting for you in the Falesia Hotel... "Simply relaxing... Holidays with no children" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Falesia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Falesia Hotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve
- Hotel Falesia Algarve
- Falesia Hotel Portugal
- Falesia Hotel Algarve