“Lovely”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed September 16, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

Stayed at this hotel for one week with my parents and partner. We arrived at 10am ish, we approached reception to a very long queue, can only describe the whole area as chaos. The queue did not move much over the following hour. When we did get dealt with we were told our room would not be ready until 12, we were all tired and hungry from travelling through the night and missed breakfast by ten minutes due to being stuck in the queue. Passed the hour by the pool and returned to be told another hour to wait.
By the time 1pm came we were told again that our room wouldn't be cleaned until 6pm, my partner and I were really frustrated by this point as we had been palmed off 3x, the receptionist began to laugh in our faces when we asked how long it takes to clean two rooms! Really unprofessional. We were given a room for 3pm and my parents had to wait til 5pm for theirs, when they went to theirs they found brown mark stains in the bath, the fridge handle was hanging off & our safe did not work at all. Some rooms when walking past looked much better than ours but I think we were just shoved in any old room round the back of the hotel because we wanted a room before 6pm.

The food is basic, some days are better than others, I would say the lunch menu is better than evening meal. You are only allowed ONE alcoholic beverage with your meal, and there is literally one bar you can get all inclusive drinks at, all the other bars charge you. The all inclusive bar don't serve until 12pm, so forget it if you require a drink before noon, you better get to the shops!
I have never in my life stayed all inclusive yet had to go to my purse for water, snacks and ice lollies!
The main canteen do have tiny tubs of ice cream but there aren't many on offer, the freezer is often bare.
I was sat in the 'Piano bar' one evening waiting for my parents, I was told to buy a drink or move on by the bar tender, again very unprofessional.

The pool by the ocean bar is quiet, it has a nice view of the beach and has 5 rattan pod chairs that are comfortable. The gardens around the hotel are very well maintained. The whirlpool tub by the pool is very grimy, if the buttons are pressed to create bubbles brown grime comes out!

The cleaners and the waiters are the only saving grace in terms of staff, I can not complain about them, very friendly and can't do enough for you.

Good location for the strip of bars & restaurants in Albufeira. The taxi fare to Old Town is €7, but I would go there early as the bars soon get full and there is nowhere to sit.
Lots of live bands and good entertainment there so worth a visit, just not what I would perceive as old town.. it has been spoilt a little by rowdy bars and flashing lights, I was expecting history, taverna's, quirky, relaxing bars.

The beaches are gorgeous by the hotel, lovely golden sands, the waves are quite strong and there are rocks as you walk in to the deep so watch your feet.

On the whole, this hotel is perfect if you have low-average expectations and you have spending money with you! We bought 2 litre of water everyday from a nearby shop and went out a couple of times for meals as the food is rather bland after a while.

Reviewed August 3, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Ireland
Reviewed July 25, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

dublin
Reviewed June 30, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Your age range 35-49
GaryH2664
“no issues lovely holiday”
Reviewed June 29, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

we arrived in the evening check in very efficient greeted by a lovely girl in reception and porter to our room i paid for the standard terrace room so was not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised it was well equipped and clean and tidy enough .a stone throws to the beach the strip up the road the old town half hour stroll for the fit and nimble i can recommend walking the path worn into the outcrop separating the two beaches .overall no complaints from me i may well return .

540harris
Essex, United Kingdom
“Good and Bad points of this place”
Reviewed June 6, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Upon arrival you could not check in until 5pm.
What they didn't tell you when you book is that the all inclusive starts 5pm the day you arrive, and ends 10am the day you leave. Drinks only free after 12pm including water !
As a single parent travelling with 2 small kids I booked this so I didn't have to fork out money on food; which I ended up having too.
When taken to my room which was located at the rear of the hotel, it was near building work and the room looked derelict, there was paint all peeling off the walls and the walk was a long way from
The pool.
I went back to reception and demanded to move, I found out from talking to other people I had paid quite a bit more than others, this may have been due to the flights as it was half term.
The reception area was very crowded and service was slow and frustrating; with many people appearing to complain.
I was taken to a new room by a lovely porter and this room was a much better location looking out to the pool and the sea.
The bathroom needed updating.
The food was good here, really good and the grounds of the actual hotel were nice and right near the beach.
There was a bar called oceans that catered for kids with entertainment and bouncy castle.
All in all we had a good holiday as after all it's what you make it and my attitude is you don't live there so make the best of it.

David K
Ainsdale, United Kingdom
“great place”
Reviewed January 22, 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

The apartment is great nice and spacious two bathrooms which is great one with walk in shower, my friend was in a wheelchair and although it was a struggle with the hill getting to the apartment was no stairs. Ive stayed in alot of hotels around the area this is great for two bedroom two bathroom for the price. The balcony is massive and it gets the sun in the morning.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing