Review Highlights
Turned out a great night

Upstairs in the old town we called in (4 lads) for a good pint of Guinness got that ended staying 2... read more

Reviewed September 17, 2018
watabotyee
via mobile
Just gets Better

We are just back again from another two week visit to Albufeira, and I was a litter worried with... read more

Reviewed July 19, 2018

from $34.90
from $40.70
from $34.90
More Info
All reviews danny maverick great craic live music saturday sunday irish songs old town one man band great night games room lovely staff warm welcome opening hours are great pub singer franks guinness holiday
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I am just back from albufeira and must say this was the best part of my holiday. It the best Irish bar out there with the friendly bar staff and cheap drink(only place we could get powers whiskey) and the great singer who can really work the crowd and loves you to dance. If ever in Albufeira The Shamrock bar is a definetly a must visit.

Frank G, Owner at The Shamrock Irish Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

What can we say? The folks from Donegal never stop partying! Excellent Jive dancing too. Powers Must have a magic ingredient! Damien Reilly, our entertainer says it makes his night when the crowd are in good form. Frank and his Bodhran are becoming legends and we look forward to another visit from you to entertain us with Tommy K, Jive dancing and the Shh.. Song.
Brilliant review and thank you for all the comments as I know that customers do read them.
Trip advisor have rated us as number 1 and we are now proudly displaying our certificate of achievement in the bar above the map of Ireland. Thank you.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Found this little gem 2years ago going to alberfera on 4 july 2013 forest on tour again can't wait best watering hole ln resort se ya soon

bl0ndie07, Owner at The Shamrock Irish Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

A refreshing drink and good company always make a brilliant holiday and Frank and the staff are all looking forward to seeing you very soon on the 4th July - 'Forest on Tour'!
It will be very hot when you arrive as temperatures are reaching 27 degrees! The bar is cool, pool table for your entertainment and drinks at your favourite watering hole...what more could anyone want on a visit to 'Old Town, Albufeira'?
See ya!

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere, guitar player was brilliant. Staff were really friendly (and Irish which helps). Drink was very reasonably priced. Overall probably the best Irish bar I've been to on holiday.

Time and time again our guitarist and singer is a winner! It is always good to watch the crowd joining in.
Our bar is run by my husband, a 'yellow belly' and as I say I have an allegiance to Ireland as I married him. I have a confession to make, I am a Yorkshire lass! I hope that I am forgiven!
Thank you for your lovely review.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Having just come back from Abufeura this Wed I thought that I would mention about an Irish bar that my wife and self found while we were there.
We just happened to come across the Shamrock bar on the second night out.
If you like a good time with plenty of Irish singing and banter go no further.
The two young people who run the place are first class we were looked after from first going in untill we left each night.
I only discovered that theyy sold John Smiths on the third visit so I had been having the Magners experiance up till then.
I was asked one night how come an English man drinks in an Irish bar I told them its the whole experiance that the Irish seem to be good at,singing dancing and just having a good time.
The DJ or singer I should say is worth every penny as he works the crowd a treat.
Hope that I will return one day to Albufeira and will centainly have a visit to the Sahmrock again.

Frank G, Owner at The Shamrock Irish Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

At least having had the 'Magners Experience' gave you a little taste of Ireland. It is one of the most popular drinks amongst our Irish customers. However, as a Yorkshire lass, I compliment you on your choice of John Smiths!
The Irish certainly know how to enjoy the craic and I hope that you received the photos of you and your wife singing and dancing...you certainly did your share!
When you are settled in your new home perhaps you will need a well deserved holiday again. Make sure you call in to see us!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Just back from 10 nights in albuerfia, on our 3rd day we found this great bar, we visited every nite after that and were nearly always the last to leave, there's live music every night which was brilliant he always tried to get everyone involved, he was good craic. The beer prices was great value not to mention the jugs of fat frogs, the couple frank and Vicky that own and run the bar are really friendly and great Craic, they do a great job of making everyone feel welcome, we can't wait to get back in September it really helped to make our holiday so enjoyable as the weather wasn't great, but the entertainment and welcome ere certainly made up for that. Thanks all and see yours soon

Despite the weather, we are glad that our live music cheered you up! .... Fat Frogs would also help!
Damien sings seven nights a week chatting to the crowd and singing songs from every county. One of my favourites is ' The Hills of Donegal'. Frank has a favourite too, Spancil Hill, and sometimes joins in with his Bodhran.
September will soon be here. Please keep in touch on Face book where I can give you a weather update just before you arrive.