New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 161 Hotels in Albufeira
London, United Kingdom
“Great massage and spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed in Gale and spent an afternoon at the Spa in Vila joya, i would recommend this to everyone, steam bath, sauna and massage were fantastic, if you stay in Gale then you must give this a go. The pool was peaceful with great views of the ocean, go on treat your self

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank RichieSw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Beware of the room you have booked. I booked a room for my 20 year anniversary (The Terrace) I called just to ask if we had the ground floor which I was very happy to hear we had. I then asked another question and the lovely lady from reservations informed me that this room wasn't refurbished. I said that I knew the room had been but not the bathroom she then explained that it was not the four poster bed and a round one instead. She quickly said she would send me photos. OMG I was shocked and confused this wasn't the photo that was on their website at all. I was going to be spending 2500. For three nights for a room I wouldn't have never stayed in, even if it was offered to me for free. She then sent me a photo of a Dulex room that had been refurbished , but it was so small dark and if you were sitting on the chairs on your balcony you wouldn't be able to see your sea view over the wall. I am thankful that I found out well before I arrived as my 20 year anniversary would have been unforgettable, but for all the wrong reasons. Only book the suits and if you do book the terrace room make sure it has been reburbished or your holiday will be ruined.

Room Tip: Only pick suits!!! Ask for photos of your room before you travel. Not all of them look like the web...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Alicia G
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

We just arrived with two little children. They even arranged a bottle of hot Milk For our youngest one. Very Nice room and staff and stunning views. All seems very Nice! Will give a review the next coming days. We Will stay here For one week. We keep you posted.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Hugokroon
Goucestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Quite simple review: My wife Lucy & I have just arrived back in the uk after spending two nights here. From the minute we walked into the hotel, the view from our suite, omg amazingly heavenly.

The most gorgeous hotel and level of service possible. Every member of staff were attentive, charming and interesting.

Please no one go there, we want to keep it to ourselves !!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank samtab123
Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I meant to write this review months ago but just never found the time to so this place justice. We stayed for 4 nights in November '13, the weather was still a balmy 21C and the hotel was a revelation. We had one of their amazing terrace rooms, which was beautifully appointed and very large, and this led straight out into the gardens overlooking the sea. The staff were genuine and delightful and the food and drink on offer was so good I'm still thinking about it. Outside the terrace rooms is a dining patio/bay and we spent most mealtimes enjoying the stunning room service.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and the stay was simply magical overall. The place is expensive but still represents amazing value for money.

I can't wait to get back there in the summer - my absolute favourite hotel ever.

Room Tip: They don't have any bad rooms but I have to say that the terrace rooms are stunning and give you...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Mike F
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

When traveling, I make sure to choose great hotels (at least most of the times!). I know some people don't care so much about accommodations but I feel it is a big part of the vacation. When I chose Vila Joya I wanted it to be exceptional, and it was!

First, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Second, the rooms are absolutely beautiful and spacious. Our bathroom was to die for!!! I love their selection of music at the room. They have an ipod full of goodies playing as you come in to your room. The restaurant is awesome! One of the best foods I have ever eaten in Portugal :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
4 Thank Ariel P
limerick,ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I was sceptical going to Vila Joya and spending €110 for lunch,how good could it be? Stupid question, it was the most exceptional food experience that I have ever had.We had a ten course taster lunch and I don't think I'll ever forget the sensation of being giddy over every mouthful.The service was impeccable and the setting was stunning.We did have a couple of minor gripes,it seems a little silly not to have coffee included in the price of lunch and when we asked would it be ok to have a swim in the sea as we had brought our things with us, we were told it would be fine to go to the beach but due to health and safety we couldn't come back through the grounds to leave??If you ever have the opportunity to visit Vila Joya please please do,you'll remember it for a long time.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank deauvile
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albufeira
EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel
Falesia Hotel
#4 of 161 in Albufeira
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,775 reviews
Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort

Been to Vila Joya? Share your experiences!