Club Med Da Balaia
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Albufeira
See available hotels
Balaia Mar Hotel(Albufeira)
Balaia Plaza(Albufeira)
  • Breakfast included
3,053 results
All reviewsbaby clubmini clubpetit clubzen poolfirst clubgolf lessonsplay tenniscircus teamchef du villagemain languageinterconnecting roomsspecial thanksall inclusive resortaqua gymtable tennisrecommend this resortmeal times
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2013

It was my first time at a Club Med resort and I would definitely recommend the da Balaia resort. On arrival in Faro, we were met at the airport by a rep who had our keys, labelled our luggage so it went to our rooms directly. We did not have to spend time checking in. The GOs are very friendly and are keen to help. The food is good and despite being vegetarian I had plenty of choice. The only drawback was that the tennis courts were not in a very good condition. The views from balcony was amazing. The rooms are basic but clean and spacious. A good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank cskrocks
Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you like sports, relaxing, a friendly admosphere and good food, you will enjoy this club. The hotel room we got was not the newest, but it was clean, spatious and had a nice terrace with a beautiful view of the minigolf and ocean.
The GO-team, headed by Chef Bruno, was very kind and most helpful. We visited at the beginning of the season, and the buildings still needed some warming up - the warmth of the staff made up for that. The choice of food and care taken in the preparation is one of the best we had in any Club Med.
Waking up early for Marco's abdominals class is a definite must: unforgettable. Glad I could make it for most. Golf classes by Juan-Carlos are the best.
Only -points for old towels and lousy wifi. But all in all, a very nice week.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The village was well organized. The food very good with plenty of choices, although you better like fish! The desserts are difficult to resist, although there was plenty of fresh fruit. GO's really dedicated warm and friendly. Attentive staff. The excercise clases were great and 'footing' or hiking challenging. The property is on a large piece of land and it is beatifullly landscaped and well maintained. Rooms at Le Tour could do with an upgrade, but they were clean. The trip was excellent value for money considering it is all inclusive.

Room Tip: Rooms at Le Tour are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank David F
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We just got back from a lovely 2 weeks in Da Balaia that can be summarized as a very good holiday. As we are a couple with 3 years old and it was indeed family-friendly hotel. As it was our third Club Med experience, it was as pleasant as before.
We stayed in Golf Hotel which is more appropriate if you have a small baby or just don’t want to hear the noise after 10 pm. I should point out the friendly staff – we got room with a weird smell and after some concerns we were immediately offered some alternative rooms to switch to. Any other requests were answered immediately.
The food was very good; the rooms were spacious and basic – though we changed our room, some plumbing issues still popped from time to time.
The pool and the pool activities were good. I cannot confirm the "freezing pool" comments in some reviews, as it was warm enough.
The general entertainment was good and I want to compliment all the participants for their hard work and all the efforts they made.
ZooMarine aqua park is a nice getaway for families which is only 15 minutes driving from the hotel.
The beach is a public area and though it's missing usual Club Med facilities, it was nice and clean. Cannot be easily accessed with a stroller.
Some notes though:
- No TV channel for babies. We got 2 rainy days and it would be nice to have an option to stay a quiet noon at room if we a TV option for a child would be available.
- No playground/play room available during the day for kids that are not registered at the Baby/Petit Club. Again, a problem for a rainy weather.
- We were not offered any review/comment form during our checkout – though I would probably write a review anyway, it's too bad to miss some other guests' opinion.
- Room maintenance is very basis – a few times I asked to clean our again.
- The entertainment, though good perfromed and versatile indeed, is not very children friendly. The shows are late (10 pm) and the themes of the shows are adult oriented.
- The pool showers are not very user friendly – the water stops after one minute and it's impossible to wash a child after being at the beach and as for adult – it takes 20 minutes to wash out the sand.
Overall, we enjoyed and had a great time.

Room Tip: We stayed in Golf Hotel which is more appropriate if you have a small baby or just don’t want to hear the noise after 10 pm.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Perths
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect as my husband and I have never been to an all-inclusive resort but we were really pleasantly surprised!

Booked directly with ClubMed and had no issues. Our transfers to and from the airport were well organised. We stayed in the Golf hotel with an interconnecting room, was perfect for us, our 9 month old baby had her own room with a cot, bathroom etc and was great. I must admit the rooms are pretty dated but were very clean and comfortable - we didn't spend much time in there anyways!

Food was very nice, good quality and loads of choice-something for everyone. Food for babies was basic but was balanced (meat/fish, rice/pasta/potatoes, veg etc). Only complaint is the baby restaurant does not open until 6:30pm which is a bit late for me but we just adjusted.

We pre-booked our daughter into Baby ClubMed for the week. It really made our holiday-my husband and I had a chance to spend time together, sports etc. The girls looking after the babies were so lovely and my daughter really enjoyed going. We also used the Pyjama Club a couple nights which was brilliant so my husband and had a couple nights out.

I thought this resort was perfect for parents with young babies/kids, its very social (we spent our whole socialising with other parents!) and everyone is really friendly and 'baby tolerant'.

Would recommend and would definitely go back again!

• Stayed: September 2012