Hotel dated, rooms OK though except in Block B where I slept above a pump which fired up at 6.45am each morning and continued until 11pm - ish. Went bed and breakfast which was fine. Would not go half board or full board. Location perfect, but you need to be fairly keen on walking - an older couple leaving with us said they hadn't been out of the hotel or on the beach because they couldn't walk too far so not suitable for people with fitness issues. Reception staff were great - at least until check-out when the older receptionist tried to charge me for making a phone call to the UK which I was adamant I didn't do. After a stand off, she eventually commented if I needed the money that much!! I was not happy and it made for a sour end to a great holiday. Loved the old town and the walk along the beach to it - Bar Street is brilliant though drinks pricey - head for the Vegas Showbar where two shorts and mixer is 10 euros as opposed to the bars near the Square which charge 11.50 euros which I felt was quite steep. Restaurants all brilliant especially Ricardo's, the Italian restaurant near the beach front in the old town, but it was the most expensive meal out. Also recommend Erin's Isle at the top of the Strip where a Scottish guy (in an Irish pub!) sang and played guitar - very dry sense of humour but made for a great night. Also enjoyed Jinky's where Lizzie behind the bar is a wee treasure and Scott in the guitar is lovely to listen to.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Auramar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auramar Beach Hotel Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Hotel Albufeira
- Auramar Beach Resort Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve