Auramar Beach Resort
Hotels.com
$664
$312
Very Good 4/5
Velamar Boutique Hotel(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$68
  • Restaurant
$39
$37
  • Bar/Lounge
Rocamar Exclusive Hotel & Spa(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$133
$82
  • Breakfast included
Clube Albufeira Resort(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$57
Alfagar Aparthotel(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$130
$90
3,144 results
All reviewsold townwalk along the beachstar hotelc blockfree busthree starbit datedevening entertainmentafter reading some of the reviewsoutdoor pooltable tennisout of seasoncleaned every daywinter breakthe cliffgreat holidayfussy eater
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Arrived on the 17th Nov for my birthday with my Fiance and family, we asked for refurbished rooms and we had A316 which had wonderful sea-views but the sockets were hanging off the walls!! but it had a better bathroom than the other family party who had room no D119 which although a large apartment had spiders webs hanging everywhere!!! We had a lovely holiday for the amount we paid £104 per couple based on Ryanair flights from Liverpool and On the Beach rooms for 4 nights BB. Would go again if they updated it with a good lick of paint. Good breakfast not sure about chips though and a brilliant position. We tried to buy a drink from the main bar at 2 mins to 5 and were refused even though the staff were there so we spent the money elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank KazzaJill
Reviewed November 22, 2009

This was my 3rd stay at this Hotel. Also my LAST!.
The location was good though maybe hard for less able people for walking.
General cleanliness of the Hotel was good. The disappointment was really down to maintainance. See attached 'foto's'

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank the_king_of_brats
Reviewed November 20, 2009

Stayed three nights at this hotel. Bed & Breakfast. Check in was a bit slow and stone faced. The room we had was fine but the bathroom was a little tired, particularly the bathroom, although everything worked well. Room was kept clean and tidy, towels changed and room straightened out evey day. Also had satellite TV, with several English language channels. The location is not quite on the beach but close and we had a lovely sea view and a great wee balcony. There are lots of leisure facilities, quiet at this time of year. The breakfast room is vast and a bit chaotic but the buffet is excellent. There is a path to the beach and one can walk into town but not if the tide is in!Sand and Atlantic rollers are magnificent. Unfortunately, We found the reception staff offhand and not particularly helpful but they were busy and it didn't spoil the holiday. If I was returning to Albufeira, I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bigallyg
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Purchased a cheap return flight to Faro with Ryanair and needed a similar deal for accomodation. Travelsupermarket revealed Auramar hotel £26 for 3 nights bed/breakfast (11/11/09 - 14/11/09), what a steal.
A transfer van met me at the airport with other british holiday makers paitiently waiting, the journey took around 30 minutes to reach the resort.

First impressions were positive, the entrance very welcoming clean and tidy with nice palm trees situated around the resort. The van stopped outside the entrance with the majority of the passengers joining me on what seemed to be a good and popular choice.
The hotel seemed very busy, many british and german tourists walking around the facilities. A very pleasant and tourist happy receptionist welcomed me and others and dealt with us individually pointing out the facilities, transport around the hotel and locations of both towns. I had to wait for 3 hours before my room was ready however the porter kindly took my bag and stored it in a locked room.

This gave me the opportunity to explore the resort, I headed outside to the pool and I was greeted with a stunning view. Blue ocean, white sand, stunning palmtrees, it was picture perfect and simply stunning. The popularity of the resort seemed justifiable. I took a few pics and headed to the old town for a snack and a drink.
The beach at albufeira is unimaginable but very popular, so a quiet walk on your own is impossible without bumping into people you had originally planned to fly away from. I was amused to find the tide sweeping along the beach edge catching tourists out, I too was cought out. This eventually led me to walking bare foot along the beach occasionally getting wet.
It was pleasant and fun.

The old town is within walking distance from the resort and contrary to the receptionist's advice to take the bus, it is adviced to walk along the stunning beach.

The old town is a tourist trap or a tourist heaven, everything is catered for the tourist. Bars, shops, restaurants, home comforts. I'm more of a culture tourist who enjoys sampling the differrences, but for the old town this is not so.
Which means hiked prices and familiar sights, begging, tobacco, football, chips and beer. This I can get at home, so I was disapointed to find that same repetive theme.
But at least I had the sun and the beach.

My room was ready, so a porter kindly took me to my seaview room. The facilites in my room B202 were good. TV, fridge, telephone, portable cooker with pan, plates, cutlery, two single beds, air con, private bathroom, balcany. It was all that was needed and enough for the amount I had paid.
However due to it's location next to the elevator, a constant loud buzzing noise was emmited constantly which resembled that similar to a generator/van. For £26 for 3 nights this didn't seem worth bothering with, however for non discounted guests this would be intolerable and worthy of another room.

The deco is slightly outdated, the beds are basic with no springs in the matress,the balcony had some view of the ocean but was distorted slightly by another building. (although other apartments benifited more due to location). Overall the room was 2 stars and should not cost more than 15 Euro's per night. I had paid less so this didn't bother me, I have paid more for less in the past.

The Restaurant was located across the resort, no more than a hop away for most guests. Strict opening times seperated breakfast, lunch and dinner for guests. I arrived for dinner hungry but unfamiliar with the buffy style serving. The choice was okay, healthy items such as salad, vegetables, hot food basic but varied. I chose chicken breasts in a white sauce with pork chops and fries.
The meal was slightly cold but tasty and filling, but obviously mass produced to satisfy the buffy style helpings.
A team of very pleasant loyal caterers greeted me and I ordered a beer and made my way through the food.
I emptied my plate and made my way to the till area, I had no cash so I was slightly disapointed that the restaurant lacked debit card payment facilities.
The caterer asked me for my room number, which I gave. And she printed me off the bill. Which was 16.50 Euro's, a shock to both eyes.
I stumbled away wishing I had eaten my 16 Euro's worth of food and promised to eat locally rather than at location.

The Hotel/resort has excellent facilities for both adults ad children (a shop with excellent value for money) Internet cafe, not so good value for money but great to recharge your MP3 for free. In door swimming pool, arcade games, small outdoor childrens park, outdor pool with plenty of sun loungers and germans, and a path which leads you down to the beach. The entertainment at night seemed boring for youths like me, but fun for the overs and unders. But the same seen before repetive theme of organs, parrots and magicians, fun for them but not for me.

This Hotel is a resort designed for those only wanting to mix home comforts with portugese sun.
Not recommended for those wanting to sample portugese culture (unless you decide to take an excursion trip.
Recommneded for families, mature couples, those wanting to have fun and those on a budget.

I booked an excursion at the travel shop in the Oldtown to Lisbon, at 19 Euro's return it was excellent value for money and recommended.
Other destinations include morocco, gibralter and other parts of portugal for a similar price.
This should give the opportunity to get away from the tourists.

Will I visit here again?

For what I paid and the service I received, YES!!!

Auramar Hotel definatly has the best appearance and location from the other resports and hotels I had seen in the area, so I would recommned it in your visit to the albufeira.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank photons
Reviewed November 18, 2009

On arrival On Saturday 14th Nov at 11.30 am surprised that our room was ready, the couple before had to wait until 2 pm. We were shown to our room by the Porter who was very friendly, the room was in need of a lick of paint and the side sea view was a mere reflection of the sea.

The first problem we encountered was the balcony door did not have a lock, so the engineering was to be called who would be five minutes, while we were waiting 10 minutes later, my partner had a closer look at the floor tile (which had a crack) as you stood inside the front door adjacent to the bathroom door to find that when you pressed it small amounts of water seeped out. I went back to reception with the porter who described the problem in Portuguese, we were promptly move to Block D - 34rd Floor.

I was allowed to inspect the room before I accepted it. On the way the Porter said it is a much better room and views. This room had just been cleaned and smelt fresh, it was in better condition, good side sea view and felt comfortable. It was adjoining room which we had to wait a while before the cleaning received the key to lock it.
Down side was two single beds pushed together. Reception staff were very friendly.

We went B&B at the hotel and this was not because of reading previous reviews, but to have to the option of trying different restaurants. Had breakfast at the hotel on the first morning, had a plate of over cooked food , tried a piece of bacon (did not attempt to have any of the egg or anything else. The coffee was undrinkable, so was the orange juice. We used the 10am free bus into town where we had breakfast for the next two mornings. At the beach front you could have a simple breakfast - egg, bacon a slice of toast and butter for 2 .5 euros including coffee or tea. Great!

The room had air conditioning which was great, No toliteries on offer, but this was what we expected for a 3 Star. Hair dryer etc were available.

It is now 12.30 - 1pm started to enjoy a short break. The outside pool was big and looked nice (a long way down to the pool) and a bit of a hike back up to the hotel using the stairs, but we did find the easier way up! The indoor pool was small and needs updating. We took a walk down to the Strip, but at this time of year a few places were closed. Between the Hotel and main road before the strip had a cafe (before the KISS night club) you could buy a large beer for one euro fifty and one euro for a small beer.

The restaurant at the top end of the Strip (nearer the hotel) opposite the Wild West bar served up really nice, fresh food. We tried the Grilled Salmon, ribs etc. The bar further down the strip had Happy hour all day selling cocktails at 4 euros.

We made use of the free bus service to the Old town (was running three times a day each way). The bus also made a second trip ten minutes later, due to the number of people wanting to town.

In all it was still a good break for the hotel £34 BB with Sun4udirect, £40 return flights with Ryanair - for two of us for 3 nights. Also adding the Meet and greet at the airport £24 and airport transfers in Portugal of 65 euros the total cost was about £163 for two.

I would try this hotel again, but only for a few nights.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple