Just got back from 7 nights at Hotel Auramar - heard a few reports of it being called Hotel 'Horrormar' - well we can see why in some respects. Firstly, we got there and we had booked all inclusive, the receptionist didn't even have any confirmation that we had booked ! So we were put in an awful musty room with no fridge, balcony full of ants and the back door didn't lock ! Beware of D118 ! We then changed rooms to D108, much better but not great, at least had a fridge and door locked, balcony view was the crazy golf course... The hotel itself needs updating (lots of dark depressing wood) but for the price we paid was reasonable. The All Inclusive was great, drinks day and night if you wished - we noticed a few people taking advantage - ie getting 4 drinks each at the bar therefore creating a long queue behind, you know who you are 'Paul's gang' !! Wouldn't like to go to this hotel in the summertime as we don't think we'd ever get served at the bar ! Entertainment was a man on keyboard,oh and one night a magic show... Staff are friendly enough. About a 15 minute walk to 'strip' area. Ate out at a lovely chinese restaurant at top of strip set back, called Golden Garden, thought we'd treat ourselves on our last night, it was definately worth it. The food in hotel was average, but ok for the price we paid. Lovely views from the pool area, including the sunset. Watch out when you walk to the Old Town along the beach, you have to time it right otherwise you end up in the sea like I did - ha ! Wasn't a pleasant experience either. The Old Town is lovely and we would probably stay there next time, it has more character. Also get the free courtesy bus from hotel otherwise its a long walk. All in all the Auramar is good for a cheap and cheerful holiday and great location. Would consider again for a bargain break !
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Auramar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auramar Beach Hotel Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Hotel Albufeira
- Auramar Beach Resort Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve