Firstly this hotel is in a great location, lovely pools, close to the strip but far enough away not to be disturbed by the noise, only half an hour slow walk to The Old Town. The food was typical 3 star all inclusive but was not very hot, the variety of drinks was ok but spoilt but the very cheap coke/lemonade mixers which were from bottles which were left open so was always flat.
My husband was ill half of the week we were there and almost every person you spoke to someone in their party had been ill with the diarrhea/vomiting bug. When we talked to reception they blamed it on too much drink (my husband had been too ill to drink!!),
Also, as has been commented by other people, there were too many stag/hen parties. Most of them were well behaved but whilst we were there a large party of irish men were just too noisy spoiling it for couples and families who wanted a relaxing holliday not to be watching crowds of drunken men acting idiots around the pool. The hotel need to decide if they wanna be a family hotel or a hotel for drunken parties.
We did have a good time and if you have booked to go you will enjoy it so dont be put off - there are just some tweeks that need to be made. For the price you pay it is good value - if you dont get the bug!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Auramar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auramar Beach Hotel Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Hotel Albufeira
- Auramar Beach Resort Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve