Auramar Beach Resort
$378
$276
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Golden Beach by 3HB(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$178
$173
Orbitz.com
Vila Joya(Gale)
$603
3,180 results
All reviewsold townwalk along the beachstar hotelc blockfree busthree starbit datedevening entertainmentafter reading some of the reviewsoutdoor pooltable tennisout of seasoncleaned every daywinter breakthe cliffgreat holidayfussy eater
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I don't want anyone making the same mistake we did! This hotel is definitely not 3 star. The location is OK - it wasn't to our taste, however, I can appreciate some people would like the hustle and bustle of the Strip and Albufeira. The hotel itself is very tired looking, although the cleaners do their utmost to ensure it is kept spotless. There just wasn't the atmosphere of other hotels we've stayed in - although admittedly this is the first time we've stayed in a 3* (won't be making that mistake again anytime soon!). The worst part of this holiday for us was the food and drink....both disgusting! I am amazed that people actually ate there - we decided after Day 1 to go to local restaurants which were far superior and very fairly priced. All tea and coffee is from machines and some of those are better than others - it took me 3 attempts to get a cup of drinkable coffee on our first morning and that really said it all. I've never wished a week to pass so quickly and of course it didn't - it dragged on an on! For any fully inclusive inmates I'd recommend Chilli Pepper at the end of the hotel drive for a decent cup of coffee, dry white wine and all their meals are delicious!

Room Tip: If you get Rm 410 refuse it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kateml53
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just back from the Auramar Beach and hotel is in a wonderful location and is basically clean and well kept our room was basic but clean but dated but our friends had the same size room next door (double) and besides their twin beds they had a table, 4 chairs, a small sofa and small kitchenette all very unnecessary when booked all inclusive. Food was much like school dinners, breakfasts awful only one morning had bacon and fried eggs most mornings spicy sausage, garlic break, spicy potatoes of one sort or another, bread very doughy and no brown bread options. Tea and coffee disgusting. No clean tables whenever we went into meals in the main dining room. Someone should be in attendance i.e. a maitre d as the staff needed overseeing to make tables available at all times for guests. Very understaffed. Went into dinner early one night and found all tables laid with linen napkins and glasses laid up but when you went in later you had paper place mats and no glasses on the table and no napkins????The pool bar at lunchtime was good for food and better than the main restaurant although repetitive. Drinks served in plastic cups at all times even in the main bar at night - disgusting. Would not rate 3 star but maybe 2 star. Some staff were jobsworths and took policies to extreme as has been mentioned in other reviews about 1 guest 1 drink which means everyone would have to queue at the bar to get their drinks making it very time consuming. Would never go back to this hotel ever.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Heather C
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My partner and I (both 32 years) stayed here 26th- 30th Sept 2012. We asked for a sea view and were allocated room D403, which didn't disappoint. We had a side window with a view of the sea and a balcony with another view of the sea and the old town in the distance.

The rooms were basic, but were clean and tidy.

We had breakfast twice; they have bacon (streaky), egg (fried and hard boiled) and beans but no sausages! There was toast, cereals, ham, yoghurt, bread rolls and some other things - something for everyone. Breakfast served between 8 and 10am.

We only stayed B&B so I can't comment on other meals.

Staff at the hotel were helpful, polite and friendly. We booked our transfer to the airport with the hotel, which cost €42 (usually €35 but had to pay extra for a 4am pick up).

There is a small shop in the hotel lobby.

There are lots of steps all around the hotel. There are rooms which can be accessed without the use of steps or lifts (which the hotel has) but I think you would struggle to get down to the pool if you suffered from restricted mobility.

Cleaners came into the room to clean and change towels every day.

I think some of the other reviewers have booked 3 star and expected 5 star; you get what you pay for and this hotel is worth every penny (€191 for 4 nights B&B)

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Steve_A_Swansea
Reviewed September 30, 2012

a great holiday,even though the rooms were a bit dated they were clean,towels were changed everyday a credit to the chambermaids,the food in general at the hotel was fabulous,the homemade soup s was the best we have tasted,all the food was fresh and hot not like what you would get in some 3 star hotels in spain,the staff in the restuarant s and bars were quick to get you drinks onc you had sat down,one of the biggest downfalls at this hotel was the amount of steps to the pool as my partner who suffers from breathing problems struggled but in general i would definately with my family go back to this hotel,so heres to you at the hotel auramar and all the staff who made our stay very happy and pleasure to be there thankyou see you next year .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank bingmanchestercity
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Having read a number of other reviews I would like to give my own opinion - both of the positives and negatives in the hope that people find this useful (especially as I have stayed here more than once).

My most recent stay at the hotel was in August 2012 with my teenage daughter.

We arrived about 7pm in the evening - and check-in was quick, the hotel now use a photocopier at reception so there is no need to leave your passports until the next morning. I have always found the staff at the hotel to be friendly and polite and this was still the case.

At dinner there was a large selection of hot and cold dishes - and on the night of our arrival the chefs had prepared an impressive looking Paella. Our waiting staff were lovely and came to our table very promptly to take our drinks order. My daughter has been vegetarian for a number of years now (and she found that the vegetarian selection had improved considerably).

We dined at the hotel every night except one - and I always found that there was plenty to choose from. Breakfast wasn't quite as good as I remember - I used to enjoy the spicy sausages - but in the week we stayed they only served sausages once - and they were hot dog sausages. It was often quite busy - so we found the best time to go was 8.00 to 8.30.

The main change that we noticed since our last visit in 2010 was that the area under the main restaurant (which used to be used for functions) was now the main 'dance bar'. This was quite a pleasing change as previously the outside area by the stage was small and it used to be hard to find a seat.

The dance bar was light and spacious - and you had the option to sit on the balcony with excellent views of the sunset.

On a negative note - the hotel has a range of guests on different board basis - and when you go to the bar there are signs stating 'one drink per person all inclusive'. Whilst I understand that they don't want all inclusive guests ordering drinks for other guests it seems unfair that when there is a large party of guests that they have to get their drinks individually.

On another negative note - during the day the pool bar did not serve any diet soda's - my daughter doesn't drink alcohol or sugary drinks - and for the price we paid I was disapointed that she had no choice but water during the day. (previously this was not a problem). We found that when we went out, soft drinks were more expensive than alcohol.(We paid €5.75 for two diet cokes).

There are a lot of steps at the hotel - we were on the 4th floor - but in fairness I enjoyed the exercise. The rooms are very clean and spacious - with plenty of storage room.

The pool area was always clean - we don't use sun loungers - so I can't comment upon beds being reserved. We used to sit by the pool and never had any problems finding a seat no matter what time we got there. I enjoy swimming - and because the pool is cold in the morning I found it was a good chance to have a swim whilst the pool was quiet.

We usually ate lunch at the pool bar - and yes there were some dishes that were served everyday - but to be honest there was a lot of other choice so it didn't bother me - the salads were very good - very crisp and fresh.

The pool bar staff work very hard - there was a young lady who used to serve us at breakfast, then worked until 5pm at the pool bar, and then worked in the shop until 9pm afterwards. She was always pleasant - so I was happy to leave a tip at the end of our stay.

To me the best part of the holiday was the fabulous location of the hotel - walking down from the hotel you have an amazing view over the cliffs over the ocean. Albuferia is a lovely town - and at the Auramar you have a choice of a short walk to the new town - or a 15 minute walk along the lovely beach to the old town.

I love the location - and I'm sure I'll return at some point as I have fond memories - but it's just not as good value for money as it used to be - I'd rather fly for an extra few hours and stay in a five star hotel for a similar price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family