Auramar Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$171
  • Beachfront
Ondamar Aparthotel(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$63
3,151 results
All reviewsold townwalk along the beachstar hotelc blockfree busthree starbit datedevening entertainmentafter reading some of the reviewsoutdoor pooltable tennisout of seasoncleaned every daywinter breakthe cliffgreat holidayfussy eater
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2011

just got back from a short break at the auramar, have to say the smell in the reception does exist, but not enough to spoil our holiday as we never spent a great deal of time in the lobby area.the rooms are quite basic but very clean the hotels is situated in a great location for walking either to the strip or the old town, just remember to check the tide! the staff were friendly enough and the pool area was lovely. was our first time in portugal thoroughly enjoyed it, we would go back and also would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Got back yesterday from a lovely holiday in Albufeira. Me and my Boyfriend are between 21-25 and upon arriving at the hotel i was very satisfied with the look- we basically are happy with a room for the night, and this hotel i thought looked lovely for what we paid! I must admit, on arrival it felt like an old peoples home and they were mid-playing bingo but there were a few odd younger couples, and in my opionion it was nice seeing the 'older' generation having a good time-plus it wasnt our intention to stay in every night anyway!

Reception staff were nice and helpful- they made a few jokes which made us laugh so we were happy. We had help with out bags to our room, which as we were ALL INCLUSIVE and arrived late we had sandwiches and fruit and some juice left for us.
The hotel room is basic, but thats all we needed, we were only sleeping in it, who goes on holiday and stays in the room the whole time anyway? It was clean, and the beds were made and towels replaced everyday.

The food- well, this is probbaly the only part of the the hotel we were dissapointed about. We did go all inclusive, but we really did pay such a low price, so i guess the food wouldnt exactly be 'al a carte' or anything. I am a very fussy eater, but my bf isnt, but he didnt like it really either. Breakfast was fine, full english, cerials, juice and fruit so you had a good selection. Lunch as the pool side bar was horrible though :(.. there is CHIPS with EVERYTHING, stew, and spag bol everyday and fish, and that was about it- if your a veggie, its literally tomoato suace from a can with pasta shells.- BUT they did have salads, freash fruit hams and cheese so a sarnie was fine. Dinner was pretty much the same as lunch, so we only ate it once. The bar at night doesnt serve any snacks, so you cant get a bag of crisps or a packet of peanuts if your a it peckish.

I must say, for the money we paid, we DEFNATELY drank our moneys worth at the bar, so we werent disappointed as the cocktails and beers flowed.
I also found, it wasnt that cheap to eat out. We found a nice chinese though thatb did a main meal for 3 euros 50! which was brill... but we ordered a cheeseburger once from a local food place and it cost 4.50 which i thought was really expensive- and it didnt come with anything. The strip and old town are good though and you can find good food deals out and about.

Back to the hotel, there are LOTS of stairs, and to be honest, i dont know how the old people did it-but good for them! the outside pools were freezing, even on the hot days because they werent heated, but there was an indoors heated pool which was lovely.

The views are spectacular, eating brekkie with the sun shining in and wathcing the ocean, or taking a walk along the rocks and looking into little caves. You can walk down the steps and then its only a 10/15 min leisurely stroll to the old town.

We had lovely weather, and went on a 4 hour quad biking tour, and dream wave boa trip and saw dolphins- Brilliant.

And with the old people it wasnt all that bad, me and my fella sat playing UNO 1 night, and there was an old boy on his own from Holland who joined in and we taught him how to play- was quite sweet really.
There was also a music quiz- that didnt go as well as planned as the cd's were mucking up, but me and my fella won anyway and got a bottle of bubbly woo!

Overally, we were very satisfied with the stay apart from the food, but at the end of the day, if we hadnt of gone all inc we would have spent more on drinks and then have to get food as well! -and we did eat breakfast everyday which saved money!!

I recommend this hotel to anyone, although if your a fussy eater, or not very strong stomached, i wouldnt recommend eating in the out of season periods- although as stated, if you like your drink, then its proably worth going all inc anyway!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teenshot
Reviewed March 20, 2011

we have just arrived back after a 4 day break for hubbys birthday,thank god it was only 4 days,we love portugal but this hotel must be the worst we have stayed in,on arrival it looked grand then we walked into reception which is also the bar and lounge area,and it smelled like a dog kennels we were then given a room which was what seemed like an eternity away in another block up and down stairs we needed a sat nav to find our room !!!the rooms are dismal and badly need updating we were bed and breakfast but after first morning decided to give it a miss.reception staff were friendly but thats as good as it gets also i thought id walked into a retirement home and seemed to be the youngest there at 54 yrs old!!!!!im very disappointed as this was a surprise for hubby and with thousands of places to choose from i chose badly ,yes its cheap but so are many more places and this is definetly the worst !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jillGuildford
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I have just come home from a 4 day break to this hotel. Before i went i read all the comments on here and was abit scared to what i would see. But my experience was lovely. Big Spacious Rooms, Very Clean hotel, Lots of choice of food, Happy Friendly staff.
The only downfall of this hotel was Entertainment! Some old boy playing Musical Keyboard in the lobby every night the same songs bless him he was sweet just not my taste of entertainment and every night it got abit much!
We were put in Block C we had to climb 10 flights of stairs to get to the Reception/Resturant my legs ached by day 4!
I would not recommend this hotel to disabled people.
Hotel is situated on the beach with lovely walks up to the Old Town only 15mins there is a free shuttle bus that goes 3 times a day.
Overall for a cheap 3* Hotel it was a great holiday and i would Return.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kate550
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We have just returned from a "holiday" at this hotel..I will start with the good points, The views and location were lovely, rooms were clean, food seemed ok until I ate sardines and had to spend two days on the toilet unable to leave my room..Now for the downside
Entertainment or lack of it..An organist who played for two solitary dancers,,he made a good job of sending everyone to sleep..There are stairs everywhere, Unless you are very young and fit I would not advise you to book this hotel.My cousin sliped on the pool of water outside our bedroom door badly damaging her knee and leg.When it rains,which was quite often during our stay, the water pours through the cracks in the ceilings and all corridors floors and stairs are flooded, the staff lay bedding on the pools of water so this gets soaked too, there were practically no warning signs in this hotel so there was always an accident waiting to happen, There was even two steep marble steps up to main bar so guests had to cope with this too.To sum up..Would we go back to this hotel? NO,

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends