Albufeira Jardim - Apartamentos Turisticos
$98
Hotels.com
$664
$312
Velamar Boutique Hotel(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$68
  • Restaurant
$39
$37
  • Bar/Lounge
Rocamar Exclusive Hotel & Spa(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$133
$82
  • Breakfast included
Clube Albufeira Resort(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$57
Alfagar Aparthotel(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$130
$90
1,057 results
All reviewsafter reading some of the reviewsbit datedcleaned dailyfresh towelsgreat holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Im here and arrived thurs for 7 nights. My rm as requested low floor in block a as asked also requested extra pillows we got no grumbles. Most staff try there best to assist. My room is dated but adequate n clean bedding changed twice already and towels provided also as toilet rolls often and bins emptied in rooms. No problems,yes bed is a little hard and is two single sofa type made into double but I can cope. Food and drink constant and staff will help to provide you and meet your requests if asked. Entertainment so far been on most nights and fair. Pool cleaned ive seen twice not perfect but seems ok. Hills not too bad neither im getting used to them paths a little cobbled so best to walk in doubt on road. Not far from bars and restaurants to walk. Beach also not too far furthur. Based on the experience so far for what I paid for the hotel alone around £22 a day for rm food and drink I think its a good deal and certain things can be better but material wise people moan and exagerate alot and these apartments deserve more praise. Id deffo return n I am a awkward fussy person with high standards but im realistic and positive and feel alot of critisism is unfair so dont go off all the negatives these cant be trusted and we all have our own minds to make a opinion.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Kirstymallinson
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed AI between 16th and 24th October. Having been here I'm fed up of people over exaggerating the bad points, so here's my review.

Cost: Myself, my wife, daughter and her boyfriend paid around £300 each for eight nights AI through On The Beach. Excellent value.

Reception: Staff friendly and helpful at all times. Be polite to people and you'll get the same back.

1 bed apartment: Huge. Yes they're dated. Louvre doors painted brown on all cupboards. But EVERYTHING WORKED. Heaters, phone, lights, sockets, everything. Balcony doors lock by turning the handle. Shower was superb. Beds hard but comfortable. Towels changed as often as you wanted them changed. Kept spotless by the cleaners which is as much as I ask. I'm sleeping there, that's all.

Hotel: Yes, it's on a hill and yes, it's steep. You should know this before you even book. Walk into town and get a taxi back up. Easy. Whole area was kept extremely clean and tidy.

Food: Without doubt the best AI food I've ever had. Usual breakfast (Continental and English). Lunch and dinner consisted over the eight nights of veal, chicken fillets, pork and lamb chops, lasagne, bolognese, goulash, tuna, cod, swordfish, stew plus the normal pasta and various sauces (and that's only what I can remember). Desserts the normal cakes, fruit and ice cream etc. Hot food kept hot, cold food kept chilled. Spot on. Self service beer, sangria, red/white wine, proper pepsi and the usual juices/coffee's during restaurant opening times.

Bar: Service very good but sometimes a slight wait due to staff doing more than one job. Cant comment on the spirits but my daughter had no complaints and the beer was as good as you'd get anywhere.

Pool area: Water cold but you soon get used to it. Cleaned every day. Bar not open but then it is out of season. Plenty of sun beds but this would be different in peak season. Views over Albufeira wonderful.

Entertainment: To be honest, karaoke twice a week and a singer/musician twice a week. Can't comment as didn't see any of it.

Albufeira: Lovely town, beautiful beach, wonderful, friendly people. Will definitely return.

Overall: Would have easily been 5/5 if only for small niggles such as a loose cupboard door and the odd bulb not working. Things like this don't bother me but obviously some people think the kitchens unsafe or the place is going to burn down because there's a light not working. Sleep in your room, ignore any minor problems and enjoy the rest of what the Jardim has to offer.

Room Tip: We were in apt's 200 and 201 in B3. Reasonable view and lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank timmyhares
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We paid £250each all in including transfers, baggage etc & for what we paid we were happy with our holiday.
Location - we knew it was up a hill & this didnt bother or phase us.in fact the views we had from our room made the hill climbs very worth while.
Hotel - does need updating however couldnt fault the cleanliness.
Room - once again needs updating & a kettle would be very handy.also having 1 mirror in the bathroom proved time consuming & tricky when I needed to get ready & my partner wanted a shower. Balacony doors do not lock so was bit worried about security however been 2 floors up eased our tension. Rooms cleaned everyday with fresh towels left.
Staff - reception & bar staff were very helpful & friendly however 2 bar staff were needed on an evening especially in last hr of serving.
Food - I dont know what ppl have been complaining about.the food was very good, always hot & a different meal each night although it did always consist of pasta, a sauce, rice, meat, fish & chips they always ensured they did it a different way (fish burger, fish insauce, plain rice, rice with mushroom, rice with sweetcorn) etc.also food is served from 7.30am-10.30pm bar 1hour.
Drinks - selection of beer, sangria, white/red wine & soft drinks to help yourself from restsurant or get served at bar.bar also offers selection of spirits (local brand) & cocktail of the day which changes every day over 7 days.
Entertainment - karaoke twice a week.starts at 10pm - 1am which is very sneaky as all inc drinks finishes at 11pm.my advice stock your table up with drinks b4 11pm!

All in all depending what price you pay you can get a very good bargain holiday just go with an open mind & remember it is only 3star.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank bmns18
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Bad food, dirty rooms, rubbish entertainment, these things you can just about live with on hoilday. But and unsercure hotel? No this is unacceptable , to start with if you have an apartment on the ground floor of any apartment block you can't lock the door from the inside! Any one could walk in at night, also I didnt notice any security guards or any sort of security for that matter at all. The cocktail lounge bar is joined to the main road and the gate is open anyone could get in the resort without being challenged. If your higher up in the apartment blocks your no safer as on the last night a couple in the block next to ours was broken into, they didnt put their belongings in the safe and lost their passports (ALWAYS USE A SAFE) this is why I would never return to this hotel nor would ever recommend it to anyone, if the security issues of the hotel is addressed it really wouldn't be so bad, yes its very dated (goto the toilet by the bar and go back to the flower power 70s) and basic but ok. Your will have no air conditioning in your room we went in October and the room was to hot at times so god knows what it would be like in the hight of season and of course we couldn't leave the door open at night as we was on the ground floor. The room its self was just passable though it had a weird smell to it, it was cleaned but not every day neither did we have clean towels every day. The hotel is no a very steep hill so if you have trouble with stairs I would avoid this hotel and Albufeira all together as the town, though pretty is all on a steep hill and walking to and from the hotel can get quite tiring. At the bottom of the hill theres lots of bars, restaurants and shops and of course the beach which is unusual one (very shelly and can get very wavy, so much so its boarder line dangerous, though there is life gaurds also the sunbeds on the beach are 15 euros a day which is a bit pricey ) we was all inclusive and the canteen (not a restaurant) had little choice but what was there was quite nice infact I would go as far as saying I enjoyed it,strangely there was sign saying barbecue tuesday, but nothing was barbecued lol. breakfast was the best as they had pancakes which I had 3 most days :) in the evening the canteen had self service soft drinks, beer, wine, tea/coffee and it stayed open till ten so why people where queing up at the bar for a beer or sangria when they could just help them selfs in canteen is beyond me. The bar only had one member of staff running it most of the time so expect to que if you want a cocktail, until of course the all inclusive finishes at 11pm when its all hands to the pumps when its time to take your money but the staff we polite. I dont know weather it was just that we was out of season but there was no entertainment at night so you have to make your own.
I would go back to Albufeira and would stay at this hotel as it was cheap but only if the security issues are addressed.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mrlacey
Reviewed October 22, 2013

First off like a lot of others i read the reviews after booking and have to admit i was stressed out before i left, however yes almost everything said about this hotel is true although greatly exaggerated .
On arrival at reception we were greeted by a courteous and pleasant receptionist who checked us in to block A12 adjoining rooms?gave us a map and explained to us the best way to get there avoiding 7 flights of stairs to get there however cobbles were a bit slippy and very uneven so was quite a bit of a struggle
On reaching the block rather than being next door we found our friends were on the bottom and we were one floor up ,apartments although tired and in need of some tlc they were spotless ,cleaned every day plenty of fresh towels except sunday.
BEDS -nice and firm though wife found them hard could do with better pillows
KITCHENETTE-have seen less equipment in many sc apartments could do with a kettle but
SUNTERRACE-massive with excellent views, furnished with table and 2 chairs table legs rusty not a problem to me but would upset some people.
FOOD- nice but repetitive not much choice only a fussy eater would go hungry but really must vary the creme of vegetable soup though ,in 10 days we had tomato soup once and pea soup once rest of the time was veg or spinach soup which was veg with a bit of spinach in it
AI DRINKS-were very palatable and can give you bit of a kick was also a cocktail of the day,you could also get beer,wine,sangria,soft drinks and tea from the dining room when opened,Bad points only 1 barman in attendance who also had to make teas coffees and fetch ice lollies from poolside bar as this was unstaffed,strict 2 drink policy depending on who you are also noticed anyone hanging round bar never had to queue.interestingly enough after 11 oclock when ai ends as if by magic another barman appears.
ENTERTAINMENT-no activities took place during the day not even pool music[which is my personal preferrence] had a couple of singers in and they weren't too bad and 2 nights karaoke
POOL-In my opinion this is where the hotel really lets itself down-the pool area is disgusting we have broken sunbeds with not enough cushions broken tiles [but so obviously broken yo wouldnt stand on them so dont know how people cut their foot]pool was cleaned every morning but still found oily deposit floating on top on first few days and although they sometimes came round with handbrush and pan to pick up cig butts and litter, area was never done properly or hosed down in the duration of our stay.
LOCATION-on top of a mountain good walk down to old town but sorry in my case it was 6 euro for taxi to come back again .
All in all we had a great holiday bear in mind how much we paid i think it was great value for money
Although it would not be my first choice for a holiday [wasn't impressed by albufeira] i wouldnt hesitate to return to these apartments if the price was right

Room Tip: always bear in mind the value for money factor remember it is the top of a steep hill and there is no shop on site just go and enjoy
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends