Albufeira Jardim - Apartamentos Turisticos
$244
$221
Vila Joya(Gale)
$909
Golden Beach by 3HB(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$179
$174
Orbitz.com
$380
$270
Hotwire.com
1,068 results
All reviewsafter reading some of the reviewsbit datedcleaned dailyfresh towelsgreat holiday
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Have to agree with the most recent posts of the Jardim. Its a cheap and cheerful place to stay. This is our second time at the Jardim so we knew what to expect, we were there in 2003 and nothings changed. Its a shame because they seem to have let it go a bit and its in need of a lot of repair, (doors, shutters, general mainternance) but our studio was fine, no cockroaches, lovely sea view, very big, very clean, we had maid service every day, they were really friendly and they cleaned the whole room and mopped all the floors. Its says clean towells twice weekly but we had them every other day. Clean sheets once a week. We didnt bother hiring the remote for the television because you only get the news channels and we wanted to get away from all the doom and gloom back home. The studios have a microwave and a full oven and 3 rings but only 2 of them work because they,ve disconected the big ring to save on electric. When you turn the oven on the radio goes off, which we found a giggle. There was karioki on most nights at the bar and the young bar man is lovely as were all the staff, except for one woman at reception, (as mentioned below, very abrupt and unfriendly.) The walk down to the beach is long and downhill and also lots of steps to actually get down onto the beach but its nice if you take it slowly. Just remember you have to go all the way back uphill, they actually call it *cardiac hill* but if your young and able its a great work out, you,ll sweat all the beer out from the night before and you,ll come home with muscles like Arnie. We stayed at the pool most days and it was a great atmosphere, lots of Sunderland and Celtic guys who were there for the football and they were a real laugh and we ate out each night in the lovely restaraunts around there. All in all we couldnt fault our time there and we just LOVE Albufeira and the lovely friendly people. (i,d stay in a tent as long as i can be there). The Jardim is fine if your able bodied and you dont mind basic. I emailed them after i,d booked and requested a high floor with a sea view ,so we had 140 steps up to our studio but it was worth it to wake up to the lovely sea view.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank disc
Reviewed July 4, 2008

I was really worried about staying here after reading some of the reviews but the minute I stepped in the room I was totally relieved.

The apartment needed updating but was clean and spacious and much better than I'd anticipated. There was no kettle or toaster and the sofa turned into 2 single beds but I was expecting this and forewarned is forearmed!

Never had a problem with hot water or pressure and never saw a single cockroach. The pool area was lovely and 3 euros for 2 beds and shade is nothing compared to the 15 euros they wanted down the beach. And we didn't always get asked for payment, depending on the time of day we were there.

The staff were very nice although a couple of the ladies on reception could be quite abrupt but really not enough to ruin my stay!

The walk back to the hotel from the old town was uphill but again, not as bad as it seems to be made out although I wouldn't reccommend it for elderly travellers.

I had a lovely holiday and would recommend these apartments for anyone wanting basic but clean accommodation near to the Old Town.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank workingirl77
Reviewed June 23, 2008

Room was ok, but we had a cold week and needed heat in the evening, so had to turn cooker on. Cheap room so got what we expected, no more or less. Big pool area with cold water. yOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, SO WE WERENT DISAPPOINTED.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danny100
Reviewed June 19, 2008

My husband and I and our 3 children (age 6, 4 &2), stayed at these apartments from 3rd to 10th May. The two bedroomed apartment was very spacious but VERY DATED. It was also quite dark and cold but it was clean and we had a daily maid service. There was lots of storage room for our clothes and the kitchen was quite well equipped - hob, oven & microwave but NO Kettle and NO Toaster. As we were only staying for a week, we decided to make do. Two days before we were due to leave we had nasty visitors - COCKROACHES!! This was the final straw and if we had not been approaching the end of the holiday, then we would definitely have moved somewhere else. I would not recommend these apartments to anyone and I feel that the photographs and descriptions on the tour operators websites are highly overrated and do not paint an accurate picture. I have stayed in 3 star apartments before where the standard was exceptionally higher. However, I would recommend staying in Albufeira Old Town as opposed to the New Town, especially for families with young children or for slightly older people. Lots of lovely restaurants and a fabulous beach. As for the Jardim Apartments - NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Happy-Holidays-Bmena
Reviewed May 20, 2008

I booked this hotel based on other reviews and of course good price. I completely understand that these are cheap accomodations but this was horrible. We were not expecting much but we ended up forfeiting the second night stay and got out of there. We first got there and there were two cots that were in the shape of couches. The front desk then told us to put them together ourselves. The room was so dusty that we didn't stop sneezing. There were bugs everywhere and they kept us up all night. When we got there, there was pubic hair in the sink and there was next to no hot water. The location is bad and it's about a 5-10 euro taxi ride to the strip. The beach is about a 15 minute walk away and it's uphill. Definitely not what I expected. The staff were SO RUDE and said derogatory things about us in Portuguese thinking that I couldn't understand. Overall I would never recommend this place to anyone... save yourself the trouble and pay a bit more for something not so revolting.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple