“A lovely time was had by all!!!”

Albufeira Jardim - Apartamentos Turisticos
Ranked #115 of 133 Specialty Lodging in Albufeira
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I knew before we went that these apartments/studios were going to be basic, but given what we paid for 2 adults and one toddler on a fully inclusive basis, I would not have expected any more.

We were very close to the reception and our studio was quite small, but that said it was very clean and tidy and serviceable for our needs, ie cooker worked as did the microwave which was needed to boil up water for my granddaughters bottles and heat her milk.

The pool area was very nice and it was made very clear that there was no lifeguard, one negative is that there was not enough sunbeds, but providing you get to the pool early that should not be a problem.

The food was qute edible and was freshly cooked and always hot and the hygiene in the restaraunt was very good.

I believe that once the new management team have had time get this place up to a higher standard and have completed the refurbishment, the Jardim Apartments will be an even better place to stay.

Finally Location wise around a 10 minute walk to the centre of the 'Old Town' and slightly longer coming back, as it is uphill, but the walk will certainly keep you fit. Would I stay there again' yes I would.

Room Tip: Try and ask for a room near to the main reception
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynmortonuk
There are newer reviews for Albufeira Jardim - Apartamentos Turisticos

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have stayed in some horrid hostels across the globe and was very impressed with what you got for a low cost holiday! Rooms are dated yes but lovely and clean. Food is buffet so yeah can get bit samey BUT 5 min walk into the old town and you can eat whatever you like. We ate out most days. People who stayed there were nice and we chatted to lots of people in the bar and by the pool. Staff are nice and friendly. Free Bar finishes at 11pm make sure you stock up and bare in mind you have to queue they only have 1 member of staff on the bar which I found odd! Most nights involved waiting in line be served and they only let you have 2 drinks max each. My friend and I used get 2 each.

If you have trouble walking this is not ideal as theres steps everywhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed in a lovely appartment with an excellent veiw out to sea, yes the room was dated, but was cleaned every day, and why would you spend time in there apart from sleeping and washing and changing when you are in beautiful Albufeira.
The room cost less than £19 each per night (not including flights and transfers), and thats ALL INCLUSIVE, and we definately had our moneys worth, and there were loads who had more than their moneys worth.
OK the food wasnt 5 star and the drinks were 'local brands', but if you are only paying a small amount you can afford an occasional treat of a night out with 5 star dinning outside the complex.
We had breakfast, a few lunches and some of the poolside snacks, and ate there most evenings, and found everything on offer eddible and some items we had second helpings of.
Unfortunately some took advantage of the bars, and they then restricted people to two drinks each visit to the bar, which as there were 3 of us meant two trips, but it was not a hardship.
We didnt stay for the entertainment as we prefered walking into town.
The walk into town was downhill all the way, and took 15-20 minutes, and if we didnt feel like the uphill walk back we took a taxi between EUR5.50 - 6.50.
So the main points are, dont go there if you want 5star and are not able to tackle the hills.

We would go again....

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed 15th 22nd May room block. B1 No 046.

Our 1 bed apartment was dated had a few snags was very clean & had a fabulous view.
I would take this room again without a doubt if we stayed again. With the cleanliness of the room & the view I give 4*

The position on the hill is OK by us, I am nearing 70 & had no trouble with the walk in less than 10 minutes to the Square. I would much rather have the view than be right by the Square & none.

Food & drink. The food is very average, although one will always find something to eat & they should keep things hotter, The day time snacks are the same on alternate date & is also average. With this said for the price they charge what can you expect, if you want better food you have to pay the price.... Drinks, all OK but with only one person at the bar , it was usual to join a queue, especially at night.

To summerise, we enjoyed our stay, we knew the food wasn't great, & this enabled us to go out in the evenings three times. If we return to Albufeira we would go to Jardim 1 again, for what we got was a bargain.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went on a short 4 day break with my best friend. We both found the room to be very basic but what do you expect when you are paying so little money for a holiday. We were told there would be a garden view all we got was a view of the tennis courts and in the distance we were able to see the sea over many roof tops.
As an asthmatic, having to climb around 100 stairs to get to my room was a little hard.
The food was very basic, not a wide variety of options but there was enough for us to live on for the time we were there.
Sunbeds by the pool were snapped up very quickly on the warm days, although some of the beds were in a bad state of repair and need to be replaced.
Drinks that were included were good, good choice, different cocktail offered every day.
I enjoyed my stay but would choose a different hotel to go back to as the area we were in was lovely.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Carna B
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Just came back from the Jardim appartments in Albufeira on Wed.
This was my first time in Portugal so didnot know what to expect.
First off Albufeira is a beutifull spot lots of nice beach and the people are very friendley.
As we only stayed in the old town I cannot comment on the new town area.
When I put the title as mountain steps I am not wrong.From the main town square it is 268 steps uphill and that does not include the steep slopes between the sets of steps.
It takes a good 15 min to walk down from the Jardim appartments to town and about 25 min steep slog to go back up.
As we like to go to the beach and not just sit around the all inclusive pool area, I have just about worn out a pair of trainers in the week.
The good side is my legs now look like a long distance runners build.
The taxi fair is E6.80 not including a tip.
There is not much near the appartments and no bnit super markets for water and bits if you are self catering.
Night life in Albufeira is great if thats what you want,lots of nice restarants in town bit tasty on the price though,cost a bit more that Spain.
I would go again but not to the Jardim appartments as I say they are just too far out of the main area.

Room Tip: The room that we had was in complex 10 top floor so the view was good shame about the distance to th...
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Hotel itself is basic. Good value for money - this was pretty much the cheapest all inclusive hotel in Europe when we booked but I would say far from the worst.

Rooms are a good size as they're the old appartments from when hotel was just self catering. They're clean and what you'd expect from a 3 star hotel. Lovely view from room onto grounds, out to sea and over the old town.

Food not the worst I've had but definitely not the best. Saying that, it's edible and I rather enjoyed the majority of meals. I particuarly liked the puddings and although they tend to have similar every night, I did not get bored of them. Food often not hot, but did not get food poisoning and didn't hear of anyone who did. The hotel needs more indoor seating in the restaurant for bad weather (although plenty of seating available outside).

Grounds of the hotel are lovely, lots of grass areas and trees set on a hill. Quiet location but a few minutes' walk to Albufeira old town with lots of bars, restaurants and shops and stunning, sandy beaches. The nightlife in Albufeira old town seems to attract people of 35 +, whereas Albufeira new town is the place to go for typical clubbing nights out. Cost us about 9 euros from hotel to the strip in Albufeira new town (not walking distance for a night out).
Hotel convenient for bus stops too. Did not think twice about the hill up to the hotel, being young and fit. Don't book this hotel if you have walking difficulties.

The pool area is well maintained, with plenty of grass to sunbathe on. Lots of plastic chairs around pool (bit tacky...) but not many sunbeds and sunbeds not comfy.

Slight problems getting drinks from the bar (both pool bar and bar inside) as there is either no one visably staffing the bar or just one member of staff at busy times. This results in queuing for drinks. During meal times wine, sangria and lager are available though, so if you're happy with these then it isn't much of a problem.

Entertainment at the hotel lacked. There is karaoke on Thursday and Sunday evenings from 10-11pm but nothing any other evening and nothing during the day. We would have prefered there to be a bit more going on, and I would say most of the other guests would agree. If you're happy to go out into the old town (or even the strip in the new town!) every night for something to do, or you like quiet evenings, then this isn't a problem.

When we were there (mid May 2013) there was a mixture of people staying at the hotel i.e.groups of all ages and couples of all ages, although not many children because it was term time. We found other guests to be pleasant and friendly. Even the two stag parties there while we were did not cause any trouble.

We had really bad weather for the Algarve in May (max 18 degrees, windy, sunny intervals at best, fair bit of rain). We were therefore stuck in the hotel a lot of the time. I think if the weather had been better, we'd have been able to go out and about more and the negative aspects of the hotel wouldn't have had as big a weighting, possibly meaning I'd have given it more than 3 stars. However, I have rated it on my experience as things were. Would definitately consider it if in the area again.

Overall, the hotel is in a nice location, close to the beach and the old town with its bars and restaurants. Rooms are spacious, clean but basic. Hotel has lovely views out to see and the grounds are nice. The pool area is smallish but well maintained. The food is average but edible. Queuing for drinks can be an issue. Entertainment at the hotel is poor. Makes a good base for exploring the area, and good for a relaxing holiday. Suitable for both young and old, but would present problems for people with walking difficulties.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albufeira
Balaia-Sol Holiday Club
#147 of 154 in Albufeira
Hotel Mirachoro Albufeira
Hotel Mirachoro Albufeira
#99 of 154 in Albufeira

Been to Albufeira Jardim - Apartamentos Turisticos? Share your experiences!