“Avoid with a bargepole”

Mangello
Ranked #636 of 838 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed September 7, 2013

As you will see from my other reviews, I am probably quite generous. Keeping that in mind, this place was terrible. They charged us for stuff we didn't even have and made sure it was in Spanish so we wouldn't notice. Thankfully we recovered the cost. There were way more mushrooms in our chicken curry than chicken which tasted awful itself anyway. Not a fussy eater! Staff were pleasant though get impression problems start at the top.

1  Thank Snackz
There are newer reviews for Mangello

Reviewed August 13, 2013

As I mentioned in my review, our host was very friendly and attentive, great quality Portuguese food, lovely terrace to sit out on - nice touch with the bottle of port dropped to the table at the end of the meal. Ate here twice.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just back from Albufeira and dined at Mangello on two occasions.Found it to be good value and all seafood dishes we had were really quite good.Wine was also very reasonably priced per litre and more than pleasant, well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Back in 2005 a group of us who had met up on holiday celebrated me and my wife's anniversary at the Mangello. We had a brilliant evening and were please to see it still here 8 years later. Unfortunately after taking our seats we had 20 minutes to wait before our order was even taken. My wife had swordfish, which she enjoyed whilst I had a seafood paella. I appreciate that in a proper seafood paella you will get shell but mine had barnacles as well and as I did not relish a trip to the dentist I gave up after a few minutes. My wife had a dessert to follow and I would have had another beer but for the 3.5 euro price tag. However apart from the slow service we would probably return on our next visit to Portugal. Staff and owner were friendly and surroundings were clean and bright.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

my wife and i visited this restaurant in April 2013 as it was close to where we staying ( CPO )
it is quite small but is nice inside
my wife had the chicken in mushroom sauce 9.5 euro and i have a pepper steak again 9.5 euro, we started with the bread basket with butter/ pate/ cheese spreads as we like the bread here in Portugal, and yes you do have to pay for it as some people seem to think it is free.
it took about 15 min for are meals to come and both came with chips/ salad as standard, if you dont want chips ask for something else and you will have it, say a baked potato
both meals were good i like my steak well done and it was well done no blood
we also had a bottle of wine and a couple of beers and for pudding shared a chocolate cake with cream and had to fight to get my share as my wife likes the chocolate cakes served here in portugal
the restaurant was quite full as 6 tables we booked for a birthday party and they arrived just as we were leaving, local young adults
we visited here in 2011 and the food is still good quality and we will visit again in 2014