“honest review”

Mangello
Ranked #634 of 838 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed May 11, 2013

my wife and i visited this restaurant in April 2013 as it was close to where we staying ( CPO )
it is quite small but is nice inside
my wife had the chicken in mushroom sauce 9.5 euro and i have a pepper steak again 9.5 euro, we started with the bread basket with butter/ pate/ cheese spreads as we like the bread here in Portugal, and yes you do have to pay for it as some people seem to think it is free.
it took about 15 min for are meals to come and both came with chips/ salad as standard, if you dont want chips ask for something else and you will have it, say a baked potato
both meals were good i like my steak well done and it was well done no blood
we also had a bottle of wine and a couple of beers and for pudding shared a chocolate cake with cream and had to fight to get my share as my wife likes the chocolate cakes served here in portugal
the restaurant was quite full as 6 tables we booked for a birthday party and they arrived just as we were leaving, local young adults
we visited here in 2011 and the food is still good quality and we will visit again in 2014

There are newer reviews for Mangello

Reviewed April 14, 2013

One of my favourite restaurants visited during my week in Albufeira - drinks were well-priced and service was very quick. I had paella while my partner had cataplana; both dishes were very traditional, tasty and very good-value. The staff were also attentive and friendly. I would definitely visit Mangello again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Food here is very good and at a reasonable price. Wine is also very reasonable here but Beer on a night is expensive (3.5 euros a pint).
Staff were very attentive and knowledgeable. Would recommend a meal here.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Lots of choice for a vegetarian - well served by a knowledgeable waiter - thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the visit. Recommended.

1  Thank Richard T
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have not yet eaten here in the evenings however we do have our breakfasts here and it is one of the best we have had in Portugal, It's great sat outside with the morning son beating down on you, Definitely recommend.