All reviews champagne bar piri piri o pescador jardim colonial corda cafe grand deluxe room mare restaurant spg platinum colonial restaurant beautiful property fish restaurant hole golf course lounge chairs three night stay beautiful room large complex beach bar
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I spent four days at Pine Cliff Resort and Hotel. Everything about the experience was awesome. The property is beautiful, our junior suite was very comfortable and well equipped and the service was excellent. Breakfast buffet had a very large selection of items. Watch the sunset at the outdoor Mirador bar and lounge. The beach is private and you can walk several miles. There are several steps to climb to go down to and return back from the beach. My husband was at a business conference so I had time to relax and enjoy the health club, spa, pool, beach. There is a very nice wine shop on the property.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roam6795508
pinecliffsAlbufeira, Guest Relations Manager at Pine Cliffs Hotel, A Luxury Collection Resort, Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2016

Dear Guest,
Foremost we would like to express our gratitude for shearing your recent experience at the Pine Cliffs Hotel.
We are absolutely thrilled to learn that your stay was a memorable one and it is extremely rewarding to be awarded with such lovely words regarding our facilities and services.
It will be our joy to accommodate you again on a near future and we are at your entire disposal for any further assistance.
Kind regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2016

There are few positive things I can say about this resort.
1. The scenic beach
2. The convenience of on sight golf, tennis etc.
3. Fresh fish at the Beach club restaurant.
4. Most of the staff were friendly but needed training.
5. The resort itself is pretty and the common parts are clean and well maintained.

We stayed at this resort for 2 weeks so here are the problems we encountered.

1. High value items were taken from our Villa which included jewellery, sunglasses, facecreams and a pain relief machine. I noticed these things had disappeared gradually over the two weeks and when I returned to England I discovered more things had gone missing. When I complained to the management he said only the cleaners had access to the the villas but that he stood by his staff as far as any wrongdoing is concerned. This was not opportunistic theft because even though some of the items were on a table in the villa, other items were in bags and the person who took them would have had to rummage around looking for valuable items. When I spoke to the manager at the time he just kept telling me to search my bags again, implying that I had mislaid them or that I was fabricating my story. One of the items taken was a large bag of expensive products which I bought from their spa!! When I count how many items were taken, I realise now that there is a serious problem there.
2. The villa we stayed in for the first week was in desperate need of an update. The website is very misleading. We didn't say anything about the Villa because we presumed all were the same. The bathroom in the children bedroom was unusable because of the terrible smell of sewage. We complained everyday and they attempted to fix it until they finally decided to move us when I said I was not prepared for the children to breathe in the stench any longer. I was shocked when they moved us to the second villa which was modern and luxurious compared to the first. I was very annoyed that we had wasted a week in a villa that was so substandard.
3. There were never enough beds at the beach and we had to sit on the sand several times. Not what you expect at a 5 star resort.
4. There are not enough covers at the better restaurants. We had a very bad experience on "Asian Night" buffet where the food was inedible and my son threw up after eating the sushi there. I complain to the waitress and all she could say was thanks for the feedback. We had to complain to the tour operator who had to insist that we were reimbursed the 350 euros put on our bill. We tried to book other restaurants on sight but they were booked days in advanced.
5. The golfers in our group complained that no one ever turned up to transport golf clubs back to Villa. The villa was a long way away from the golf course and they walked back in the heat which was not very pleasant.

This resort has the potential to be a lovely place if they sort out their theft problem, improved the food and made sure that ALL the villas were of superior quality, not just some. I would say that these problems completely ruined a holiday we paid an absolute fortune for. I will NEVER visit this place again.

Room tip: Make sure you ask for a modernised villa if choosing a villa
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
8  Thank dinak324
Reviewed October 2, 2016

We stayed at Pine Cliffs Hotels as part of a corporate event and also independently on our own for a total of 3 nights.

Location and property: The hotel is around 30 mins drive from Faro airport. The property grounds are massive and include pine cliffs hotels, suites, residences, golf course, tennis courts, football pitch and multiple swimming pools. We stayed in their main hotel building. The property is big enough to have their own mini-train on the venue. It is not that far from either Albufeira (€12-16 taxi ride) or Villamora (€16-20 taxi ride).

There is a beach nearby which is accessible via a lift and some ramps. It is a very lovely beach to lazy around in the afternoon. They also have a mini-golf/crazy-golf which is fun to try.

Room: We had booked the deluxe king room (one of the basic ones they offer) but it was large enough and nicely maintained. The bed headboard is tiled in typical Portuguese style, which was a nice touch. The bathroom was clean, included a bath tub and separate shower, and they even provide elemis toiletries. The room also had a nice balcony with two lounge chairs, but ours was overlooking the main entrance and parking so we didn’t use it much.

Food: They have around 11 restaurants on the property but only got to try a couple of them. We had breakfast in Jardin colonial on all three days. The restaurant had a good selection dishes catering to a variety of tastes, including fruits, eggs, pastries, breads, breakfast cereals etc. We also tried the Biryani at their one of their café and really liked it. Although, it can be a bit expensive on campus. For e.g. a scope of gelato is €4 and you can get the same gelato in one of the villages for €2. So might be a good idea to hire a car to get around.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Pine Cliffs and we are already planning our next trip here.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
pinecliffsAlbufeira, Guest Relations Manager at Pine Cliffs Hotel, A Luxury Collection Resort, Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2016

Dear Guest,
It is mostly rewarding to learn that our facilities and services were up to and exceeded your expectations and therefore we are thankful for your review and for sharing with others your wonderful experience as well as for your most highly recommendation which we are so grateful.
We would like to place ourselves at your disposal for any assistance you might require and we look forward to host soon at our resort.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 30, 2016

This is definitely a five star property, Just one thing that kept me from giving it a five, but first the good. This is a stunning property. The grounds are beautiful, staff is friendly, food was excellent and every part of the property we saw was maintained impeccably. The property is huge and there is a train to get you to different parts of the presort if you so choose, but be warned, the ride is a bit bumpy. The place is appropriately named as it sits on cliffs with pine trees overlooking the sea. The elevator to the beach is a nice concept and gets you part of the way down to a walkway and steps that take you the rest of the way. The pools are nice, although a bit cool. All in all we had a great vacation here. Only a couple of things that kept me from giving it a five, and for some, these would not have been an issue. we did have a rental car and many of the parking spots had been blocked off and were empty nearly the whole time we were there. We very often had to park quite a distance away while then walking past these blocked off spaces. If you don't have a car, this would not be an issue for you. During our stay, there was a conference going on and a wedding. The conference had some kind of an event set up in the courtyard to which our entry door backed to. It happened to be on a day that we had driven over 8 hours and were dead tired that night and really wanted to get to sleep early. The event was very loud and when I called the desk, I was told that it would be over at 10:30, but that didn't happen. Also while the outside wedding reception was a distance from our room, some of the late night revelers from that event moved closer to the building and woke us up at 3:30 in the morning. I just don't think it is a good idea to hold outdoor evening events that can disturb other guests. I would still highly recommend this place, but if you are not a night owl, you might want to check to see if any events are happening or request a room away from anywhere these events might take place. One last thing is that the wifi in the room was not great and the fact that you have to pay for wifi, it should work right.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the time taken to express your impressions regarding your recent stay at the Pine Cliffs Resort.

We are extremely happy to realize that you had an amazing time with us. However, we do regret to learn that we have failed in some points and for this reason we would like to present our most sincere apologies. When hosting events, at our resort, we always try to minimize the impact that they have on the other guests but there are situations when it is difficult to keep the control of the track of the guests during the night. Once again, accept our most heartfelt apologies.

We do hope that these shortcomings will not prevent you to return to our resort in the future. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back.
Best Regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2016

We are lucky to visit the hotel twice a year and although it has a new name, it still has the same high standard of service. It's a work in progress with new shops and restaurants being added to the resort and it was great to see how the new Ocean Suites extension to the hotel just fits in as if it had always been there! I say this all the time, but the staff at this resort who have been there for years, are first class and always happy to please. We play a lot of golf on the 9 hole course on the property and again the staff there are also very helpful and welcoming. It's a tricky little course and with the signature 6th hole where the drive to the green is over the canyon, makes for an interesting and fun game! I have no hesitation in recommending this resort which is set in stunning grounds with fabulous facilities for us all to enjoy!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
pinecliffsAlbufeira, Guest Relations Manager at Pine Cliffs Hotel, A Luxury Collection Resort, Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2016

Dear Guest,
First of all, allow us to show our true appreciation for the glowing review regarding your recent stay at the Pine Cliffs Resort. Thank you very much!!
Nothing pleases us more than reading the notes from our most distinguished guests mentioning how much they love to return to our resort. Our team likes to think that our most loyal guests are part of our large family and that is why that we always try to make them feel at home when staying with us.
Let us emphasize the pleasure that we will have to welcome you back for a future stay and for all the others to come! We are at your entire disposal.