Belver Boa Vista Hotel & Spa
Hotel Topazio(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$90
$171
$162
Balaia Golf Village(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$60
$91
$87
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Clube Albufeira Resort(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$79
$69
$301
  • Pool
Torre Velha Hotel(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$43
$45
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsold townpool areauphill walkup hillcleaned every daysome tlclovely hotelbeansthe wi fimobility issuesmain townrooms are basicthe hotel is cleanlick of painthotel is situatedpublic areasquiet location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2013

the room was a through back from the 60s sorry you had a tv from the 90s the bathroom wall where tiles and the grout was black the whole of the hotel need refurbishing throughout. I was on half board breakfast was not up to much as for the evening meals it was discussing if they call them shelf chefs well sorry I will not the where part time cooks. some of the time they where try to give you the left over from the night before. I myself been in the hotel tread for 10 years and I have seen not think like this I stayed at a lot of hotels home and a aboard this is the worst one I stayed at .I will never recommend this hotel PS sorry if this offence anybody but I am tell the truth the staff where great

2  Thank billy_ankers
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Returned today from a lovely week in Albufeira - the only downside being our hotel. Having read the reviews on here, before going, I was a little concerned to find we'd been given a room below the pool (007). Apart from being very near the road and it felt like being in a cave the worse bit was the bathroom - the shower was right next to the window....no curtain, so we could wave to people passing on the street below or walking up the steps to the hotel. Four star???? We complained but were told we couldn't move until the following day. The next morning's shower was somewhat interesting with towels wedged into the window frame. On returning from our day out we had been moved to room 310....much better, and I wasn't likely to frighten anyone from the shower. We had 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 bidet towels and a bath mat.....however, we never had this combination again. In fact, wet towels were removed and not replaced nearly every day. After a very hot day out in Seville (38 degrees) we came back to just 2 hand towels. In just one week I had to go and ask at reception 3 times for towels. The towels themselves left a lot to be desired too - our dog towels are better quality! One even had a hole in it! Yesterday we were given 2 blue towels, which I think were meant for pool use, and these were much better quality. We had to check we were getting towels again though, when asking when our room was going to be cleaned - that was at 3pm! One lady I spoke to said they'd had no toilet roll one day, whereas we had four!
Thankfully we'd chosen b&b as we ate there one night (given free as an apology for our 007 room)...all I can say is there are plenty of good places to eat in Albuferia and this is not one of them. Breakfast wasn't too bad, although I doubt the 'orange juice' had ever been near an orange!
On a positive note - the hotel is in a good location - a nice walk into the old town or to the marina. The pool area was nice and the view beautiful.
I'm often sceptical about reviews on here, but if you are given room 007...you may well need some James Bond type gadget to magic a curtain at the shower window!!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Sad to say after re-visiting the Hotel after last year that we were disappointed.

The Hotel is not worth the 4star rating it has been given as the building needs refurbishing throughout in order to bring up-to standard.

The check times to the rooms have not improved.
We were supposed to get our room at 2-00pm following our arrival at Noon but we found the room still being cleaned at 2-30pm.
Some Clients were later at getting their rooms. Not very good when catching a 7-10am flight & needing a change of clothes.
Most days our room was not cleaned on returning at around 4-00pm. Not good when you are wanting to take a relaxing late afternoon on balcony & waiting the cleaner to knock on the door.
Soiled towels were placed on the bathroom floor for the cleaner to replace when required but theses were just neatly folded and placed back on the shelf. We did eventually get the change of towels.
The cupboard door handles were missing/broken & the television wasn't working.
There seemed to be distinct lack of urgency in the hotel giving the impression that cut backs to the number of staff have been made.

This year we took the option the introduced half-board offer. This was a terrible mistake.
The evening meals were either buffet style or waiter-service on alternative nights. The main courses was only luke warm at best and undercooked/raw. Pans containing food were trying to be kept to temperature by small candle placed beneath!!
The salad bar was pretty standard. The dessert area at best, contained 3 bowls, each with sliced oranges, strawberries & pineapple inside. Cake was on offer but found to be slightly frozen.
It is the first time I have been to Hotel where either an ice cream dessert and/or cheese/biscuits have never been available.
The average cost for the evening meal is 25 - 30euros per person for people not on half-board.
Several Clients who had booked half-board decided to eat out after a couple of nights leaving the dining room very sombre, quiet and like a morgue.
On the night before leaving, the question was asked if an early breakfast would available as we were to be picked up at 7-30am? (Last year this was no problem). The answer we got was no but the dining room might be open around 7-20am for coffee before leaving knock on the door.
I'm afraid this didn't happen.

We won't be returning.

Room Tip: Get a 4th floor room for a nice view of the ocean.
1  Thank lowburn
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very disappointed. Not a 4* hotel. Booked for our 40th anniversary and asked for a room high up. Received one underneath pool. Bathroom had no blind or curtain on window. When having shower, people on street outside can see in. One day had no toilet roll. Reported this to reception in the morning but when came back at night, still none. Had to go to reception for some. Although they have a fridge in room, it was empty. No minibar. Avoid room 007 if you want privacy. Won't be back.

2  Thank David D
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Me & my sister stayed here for a week, and would definitely recommend this to anyone. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was on the second level of the hotel with a lovely sea view. The room was spacious, clean and had a lovely balcony. The beds were quite hard though! There was a wide range of food and drink for breakfast, hot food, rolls, ham, cheese, yoghurts, fruit, tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc. The pool was cleaned every night, with quite a few sunbeds free and a nice seating area around the pool to cool down. The only down side was the loud, repeat CD that played over and over everyday around the pool area!

This hotel was definitely value for money, and as a regular visitor to Albufeira I would definitely come back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family