“You have to try this Chicken”

O Manel Dos Frangos
Ranked #233 of 810 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“You have to try this Chicken”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Went myself for lunch to this place as the wife wasn't hungry. Well she was sorry as this was the best piri piri chicken I have ever had. I can't put into words how tasty it was. Only problem was portion was too small for me. My yellowfish transfer guy told me I should've went for the full chicken priced at about 12 euro's (i wouldve happily paid 20)and he assured me you won't get chicken like this anywhere else in albufeira. He was right. Best way to describe loaction right beside Hotel Montechoro or up the hill opposite the main strip.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank TRIP1872

Merseyside/England
“PIRI PIRI AT ITS BEST!!!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Having visited Albufeira numerous times over last few years, how did we miss this culinary treasure??

We are both fans of piri piri & have sampled many good versions, indeed we cook a decent one ourselves but this is quite simply the best by far!!

Served with chips or rice. We chose chips & the tomato salad, along with a bottle of house white. Not a scrap was left! Service very good, Waiter was friendly & helpful.

Open all year round, this is where the locals go for their piri piri, need I say more? ?

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank PARSCO
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Simply the best Piri Piri”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

All you you young trendies who fight for tables at Nandos to sample their wares should seek out this modest but delightful little restaurant to taste Piri Piri chicken at its finest. For only 6.50 euros this is the benchmark for this simple Portuguese dish of simple grilled chicken spiced with hot "piri piri" Angolan peppers.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Terry W
Hertfordshire UK
“ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently visited Albufeira on a stag do - getting fed up with eating rubbish food everywhere i asked our local barmaid "where do all the portuguese people go to eat" she replied Manel Dos Frangos - i went there with 5 out of 11 of the stag group for lunch.

One of the guys asked for the menu - the reply comes back from the very helpful waiter "We do Chicken We do Prawns - which would you like"

We opted for Chicken for 5 - with a tomato and onion salad - two dishes, when they came out we found ourselves almost jumping about with delight - this is the place to come! The food is cooked to perfection with so much flavour we all agreed we could sit there all day eating it!

Once we reported our experience back to the group, we brought all 11 back for dinner that night - and opted for the prawns aswell - let me tell you grilled barbequed mini lobsters is a better description - again with the salad and this time some french fries on the side.

PERFECTION - in the run down area that is Albufeira i would gladly travel miles to go back here again.

The bill for 5 of us for a feast at lunch about 10 euros a head, which we pretty much doubled in the tip we left as we were that excited! haha

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank spencekersey
Paisley, Scotland
“Must go here - simply the best!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

In my opinion this is the best restaurant to serve piri piri.
I have been coming here for years now. Simple menu only two things really - chicken and prawns. Both come with chips. Chicken was about 6.65 euros and the prawns are about 16.50 euros. Order a simple tomato and onion salad too - 2.42 euros for a small one which will do two people.
There is a cover charge for bread and butter - sardine pate and cheese will cost extra over and above the cover charge.
Good range of drinks - usual sweets (if you've stil got room to fit one in!).
There's a taxi rank nearby if you don't want to walk off your meal.
It's open for luch from 12-3 and then for dinner from 7pm. They also do take away.
Overall this is such good value for the money and simply THE best chicken piri piri I've tasted.

• Visited March 2013