“half a day reef fishing” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Game Reel Adventure Fishing Centre

Big Game Reel Adventure Fishing Centre
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“half a day reef fishing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

I did go out with big reel fishing for a half a day reef fishing.
I enjoy my day, the boat was good and the crew was helpful and friendly.
we did catch mackerels and some poison fish that they call spider fish!
over all a good day!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank SKYWALKER22

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Horrendous Day out with young child- the worst holiday trip i have ever been on”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

We were given the impression that the trip was to an exciting day out and suitable for Children at a rate of 40 Euros for a child , 70 euros for adults.
We sat on the boat for 6 hours in rough seas and none of us got to hold a fishing rod in that whole time. The crew did not seem to know where to locate the 'big game' and held the customers in total disregard - the whole day was torture and a complete waste of money and time.
There was no safety induction when we got on the boat and the crew smoked the whole day even in the non-smoking zone. They managed to catch 2 tiny fish by the end of the day which was laughable as the crew seemed to think this was a great achievement!
I would advise any one to avoid this trip as you get very little in return for your money- not even politeness from the crew.

Visited August 2011
9 Thank JanFree
UK
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great fishing, great vessels, money well spent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

I went reef fishing twice - caught a fair few fish both times - crew are competent and helpful. I also went big-game fishing which was 70 euro's. May sound expensive but you can pay 10 times that amount in other parts of the world. OK we didnt catch anything but that wasnt for the lack of trying - thats sports fishing for ya! If we'd had a marlin or dourada on then the 70 euros would have seemed cheap indeed. As it happens it was a 6 hour cruise around in a 600,000 euro sports fisher. We came back in at around 25 knots for about an hour - excellent and exhilarating!

Visited August 2011
4 Thank hawksey
Sedgley, West Mids
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Horrific Experience - ***DO NOT BOOK***”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

Paid our money at hotel and were informed to turn up 30 mins before departure. While waiting outside the departure point I received a voicemail telling me that trip was cancelled!! I rang the number back and explained that we had caught a taxi to the marina, had purchased lunch from a supermarket and that to tell someone 25 mins before departure was terrible, asked for taxi fare and was refused over the phone, I asked the gentleman to ask his boss (As he claimed that he couldn't make a decision) he never rung me back, eventually 35mins later I rang him, he said Boss had said no and that it was tough and we couldn't prove we had taken a taxi, despite paying hotel our money, he refused to believe we had travelled in taxi, offered to get receipts for both taxi journeys and again was refused. At this, rep showed up and admitted he had been sitting in a cafe in marina watching us for 1 hour!! Spying to see what we did!! Rep agreed we had been badly treated but said he couldn't do anything. Eventually left - 40 Euro's lighter - 1 hour 20 mins later. Spoiled last day of holiday. Sent Email when back in england and NEVER received reply.

Terrible company run by people who care little about customers, if their attitude towards paying customers is this bad would hate to see their attitude towards customer safety and boats condition they use!

Visited July 2011
16 Thank paulchappelluk
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a catch !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

I am in portugal at the moment and went reef fishing on thursday with couple of the lads although we caught about 20 plus fish it did not seem that impressive when there other boat returned with a marlin weighing nearly 300kilo! What a sight glad we got to see it wish we had been there to catch it though oh well we took our fish back and stuck it on the BBQ good night very memorable day . Big thanks to all the staff at reel adventure . Christian

Visited July 2011