Well this property is huge. They have hotel, villas, apartments and aparthotels, all close to the beach. We spend a weekend there, in the hotel. What was strange at first was that they didn't have a concierge at the door, there was no guy for the valet and the check-in took a while. Not because of a lack of employees but probably because some of them were still in training. The room was pretty nice, with a different bathroom, just top of the art. Just a little note, there was more light missing in the bathroom.
The pool, 2 for the grownups and one for the children, were huge and because of the dark tiles, the temperature of the water was really damn good! The towel service was not good for a 5 star hotel. You have to collect your towel at the reception.
In other hand, you can use the SPA facilities as you wish, no entrance fee needed. Nice indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and turkish bath. If you forget your cap, you'll pay €5/each.
The dinner buffet was good but not amazing. There were more sweets and desserts than other kinds of food. But the drinks were included and you can drink as much water as you like.
If you book early, you can get a good relation quality/price for this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Salgados Palacel is located near Albufeira, between the golf and the beach, at Herdade dos Salgados. With majestic interiors, its design is contemporary, however cosy. Here, you will find plenty to spend your time. In the morning, walk along the Salgados Beach with the family or explore the Salgados Lagoon. Later in the day, lounge around one the 3 outdoor pools, before a massage in the magnificent SPA. By late afternoon, save some time for an aperitif in the Sunset Bar, whilst enjoying, in the horizon over the nature reserve, the spectacle of colours after which the bar was named, followed by dinner in one of our restaurants. The hotel, ideal for couples and families, has 228 accommodation units and features great facilities, as well as a modern Congress Centre. A place where design and comfort walk hand-in-hand, between the golf and the beach, this is truly the best of both worlds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and ETB so you can book your Salgados Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Salgados Grande Hotel And Spa
- Cs Salgados Grande Hotel Albufeira
- Salgados Palace Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve