We arrived 3 weeks after the hotel has been reopen (so we were told). First impression was very good. The hotel reception was very grand and the receptionist (sofia) was very welcoming and helpfully. She actually took us up to our room and gave us all the information we needed to find our way around the hotel and its facilities. The room (4th floor) seemed grand with amazing views of the pools, golf course and the sea from balcony. One criticism though, we didn't like the layout of the room with the sink (bad design, by the way) being outside the bathroom with no privacy. The room had twin bed, table and chairs, mini bar, kettle and cups, (only 2 bags of tea and sugar provided),safe, tv and Internet access (bring your own Ethernet cable) they were many tv reception issues and Internet was down quite a bit though wireless connection in lobby area was working. They were 2 extra large bathrobes &slippers provided and bathroom toiletries like shampoo, conditioner,body lotion, short cup, toothbrush and paste etc. there was no bath, only wet room and separate toilet which was ok for us. We booked breakfast with our stay which we found to be of low quality in choice, quality and quantity. The hot section was never hot and scrabbled eggs were soggy & cold. Not enough vegetable. Out of the 6 nights that we stayed we had dinner in the hotel 4 times and mostly because we were limited for choice. The hotel is located a fair distance from Albufaira (nearest town) a cab fare will set you back about €10 - €15 and the trip will take about 15-20 minutes. Although you are in a small resort with other hotels and residential houses, you need to know your options and this information was not available to us. The hotel 2nd restaurant was not open yet, so this option was not available to us. We ordered room service one of the nights as we didn't like the set daily dinner menu (only two choices every day) just to find out that there wasn't even a room service extension. You had to call reception and they got the kitchen to call you back to take the order. The food arrived cold, but we were too hungry to bother with complaining. The pool bar offered light meals till 6pm with no huge choice but food was tasty enough. One other option for nice food, though mainly sea food is the beach restaurant about 15-20 minute walk from the hotel. (By the way, there is no direct path to the beach from the hotel. One needs to walk through around the next door properties to reach the beach with no signs directing you) drinks in the bars are quite expensive ranging from €4for soft drinks to €7 or €8 for an alcoholic drink. The hotel has 2 adult pools and one for kids. The spa facilities will set you back €10 for use of indoor pool, sauna and jacuzzi which wasn't working, for some reasons. Treatments of course is extra and not cheap either. The gym facility was not available yet, nor the pool room. Entertainment consisted of a singer while you are having dinner and nothing else, so if you are looking for night life, this hotel is not for you, or you'll be spending your money and time travelling back and forth to Albufaira. The near by beach is beautiful, clean with loungers for hire - €7.5 each. Restaurant, kiosk, bathroom,Thai massage, Jet ski, pedal boats and more. Like I said before it's not suitable for anyone with mobility issues as its a bit of a walk from the hotel, especially on a hot day. FYI the nearest ATM is a couple of miles. Away from the hotel, so you either bring cash from home, wait till you visit the town to withdraw money, use your card in the hotel bars and restaurant or run a tab by charging to the room.The hotel was very clean and the rooms were done daily with change of towels etc. for some reason on our first day, one of the bathrobes was taken and not replaced, but it wasn't much of an issue as I brought one with me. Overall, we did enjoy our stay but for a 5 star hotel, they was too many things that were not quite enough, not to mention that too many facilities were not available as the hotel was obviously not ready to be opened.
The one thing we really want to praise is the reception staff who were very helpful, welcoming and friendly. Thank you to Sofia, Lilliana, Joel and Rui!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Salgados Palacel is located near Albufeira, between the golf and the beach, at Herdade dos Salgados. With majestic interiors, its design is contemporary, however cosy. Here, you will find plenty to spend your time. In the morning, walk along the Salgados Beach with the family or explore the Salgados Lagoon. Later in the day, lounge around one the 3 outdoor pools, before a massage in the magnificent SPA. By late afternoon, save some time for an aperitif in the Sunset Bar, whilst enjoying, in the horizon over the nature reserve, the spectacle of colours after which the bar was named, followed by dinner in one of our restaurants. The hotel, ideal for couples and families, has 228 accommodation units and features great facilities, as well as a modern Congress Centre. A place where design and comfort walk hand-in-hand, between the golf and the beach, this is truly the best of both worlds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Salgados Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Salgados Grande Hotel And Spa
- Cs Salgados Grande Hotel Albufeira
- Salgados Palace Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve