“Highly Recommended”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Our regular trip to the Balti Indian (after friends recommended it) and it did not disappoint. This was our 4th visit, this time taking our 5yr old grandson. The friendly staff could not do enough and made a big fuss of him. The food was of its usual high standard and reasonably priced.

We have tried several dishes during our visits and have never been disappointed

Looking forward to a return visit later in the year.

• Visited April 2012

Bradford
“disgusting”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We were stopped by the lady and given a menu and told we would not be disappointed, we were reluctant at first as the restaurant looked small and more like a take away. Firstly the waiter/owner seemed more interested in the football which was shouting out of a TV in the restraunt than taking our order. I ordered the prawn balti and my wife had the lamb sizzler, we ordered chapattis and a pashweri naan. My wifes lamb was so tough she could not bite through it. My prawns were ok bit drenched in ghee oil. The naan was more like a pizza base reheated and the chappatis were dripping with oil. We complained and were knocked 10% from our very pricey 35 euro bill. We had some lovely food in Portugal but this left a nasty taste.

• Visited April 2012
London, United Kingdom
“awful curry awful night”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

fancied some curry thought we made a good choice, wrong terrible experience horrible food slow slow service and service without a smile which is worse and very pricey the korma my kids had was vile even the nann bread was left it was a burnt frazzelled mess......never again...needless to say we left no tip

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank melissa b
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“You will not be disappointed & very reasonably priced too!”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Set back on Estrada de Sta Eulalia, it is only small and as mentioned previously, it doesn't look much from the outside. My daughter was dubious as it was empty but having eaten there on other holidays I insisted she tried it. We eat a fair number of Indian curries and she soon changed her mind and even said this restaurant has the best madras she has ever tasted. The owner and his wife are very friendly and although it has an good selection of dishes you can order anything you want even if its not on the menu, as hot/spicy as you like. The set menu for 2 is only 28/29euros and includes a bottle of very good local wine.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank scousemouse
Hull
“Best curry I have ever had!”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My husband and I eat a lot of indian curries and I can honestly say this indian restaurant does the best curry in the world! The owner and his wife are very friendly and welcoming. It has an excellent variety of dishes and you can pretty much order anything you want even if its not on the menu as we asked for variations for our children. I can highly recommend the Karahi dishes - very flavoursome - delicious! We returned twice in 1 week. It doesnt look much from outside and is situated next to a car rental office and its only small but appearances in this instance are very deceptive. You will not be disappointed. Very reasonably priced too.

• Visited September 2011