“Great food at a great price”
Review of O Lusitano

O Lusitano
Reserve with
O Lusitano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 838 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional Portuguese Cuisine - Indoor Room, Terrace and Lounge - Open for Lunch and Dinner Closed on Sunday
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We ate here our first night in Albufeira and couldn't have been happier with the choice! We both had three courses and shared a bottle of sparkling and it came to just over €50. The highlight for me was the Portuguese fillet steak, the white wine sauce was amazing.

1  Thank Gerard S
There are newer reviews for O Lusitano

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Slightly off the tourist route but all the better for that this is a nice well run restaurant. The food we had was good and the waiter was very friendly and really good at his job.
The most memorable thing I ate here was a side dish of rice and beans which was delicious.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Went albafero with my friends Pauline and mark who have a apartment there,they took me to Lusitano restaurant
,which they visit regular ,it's off the beaten track but it's worth every step of the way ,the atmosphere was very friendly and was used by lots locals ,the pepper fillet steak is to die for yum yum ! Pedro and his staff make lovely conversations with you they make you feel welcome nothing to much trouble ,Pedro even signed my cast on my broken wrist and to finish the evening he walked us to the door to say good night very professional see you soon Lusitano I'll BE BACK xx

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Ranked on TA as the 7th best in Albufeira (out of over 500) and the 16th in the Faro district (out of 2400) we had very high expectations when entering the Lusitano. (It was not easy to find, because the address given is Avenida Salgado Zenha, but my GPS knows it under the name of Avenida da Correeira.) It’s a nice place, modern decor, but we were not very pleased to discover that some people were smoking inside. This turned out to be quite common in this restaurant (people at other tables followed suit), contrary to all the other places we have visited in Algarve. My wife had the Prato do Dia, which was bacalhau, her all time favourite. It was a disaster, too much potato with slivers of cod, very poor indeed. I went for the ‘espetada tamboril’ (monk fish and prawn kebabs, highly praised by an earlier reviewer) was OK, but rather bland. I had the ‘typical Algarve sweet’ – egg threads, which was so-so, and it came wrapped in alufoil, not what you would expect in a high class restaurant. Service was OK, prices not too high.

1  Thank Robicsek
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Only visited the once but wished we could have returned, its located not far from the Worm roundabout, tucked out of the way set back from the road. A few weeks since we ate there, I had a pork dish and my wife had Golden Bream, both meals were well cooked and well presented. The fish had been filleted. The prices were very reasonable and the service attentive.If you make the effort to find it you should be rewarded with a good quality meal.

2  Thank Momelt