“Two lovely meals”
Review of O Lusitano

O Lusitano
Reserve with
O Lusitano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 855 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional Portuguese Cuisine - Indoor Room, Terrace and Lounge - Open for Lunch and Dinner Closed on Sunday
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I saw this restaurant recommended on Trip Advisor before we went away and took note of it. It was about 10 minutes walk from our accommodation in Vila Petra and easy to find once we figured out what the "worm" roundabout was-obvious when you see it!
We had a lovely meal there the first week and enjoyed it so much we came back for our last night. Unfortunately it's not on the obvious tourist streets-there's little enough passing trade as there is on the "strip" or in the old town but it's worth seeking out.
The owner is a young man who obviously cares about what he does and takes great pride in giving good service and looking after his guests. The restaurant is spotlessly clean, fresh fish is delivered every day ( I had lovely sea bass the first night and a monkfish kebab on the second) and it seems they'll do just about anything you want in the line of potatoes, salads etc. There's a good variety of meat dishes also, including steaks, veal, chicken, hamburgers etc. I think there's a children's menu also.And their desserts are delicious !
The waitress was very helpful re what to choose, both in food and in wine, and she's a great asset to the place.
Our bill both nights was around €45 in total-for two 3 course meals with a bottle of house wine-so we thought it excellent value. There were quite a few tables occupied when we were there but it was by no means full and I think It's just a pity more people don't seek it out- I hope the word will spread as it deserves to be successful.
Well done and thanks !

3  Thank Maureen C

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Love this restaurant !
We were shown it by friends who have an apartment near here and it really is top class. Spotlessly clean, great food and Pedro always looks after his customers. Last time in Portugal we ate here about 10 times over our two weeks stay, a mix of both lunches and dinners and every time didnt fail to impress. I really like the Black Pork Chops...my wife and kids loved the home made meatballs (but they're not on all the time and tend to go very quick). My son loved the seabass !
The house red wine is very good and excellant value for a small jug.
Overall lovely restaurant, very good food, good service and all at reasonable prices !!
Five stars !

2  Thank Eric R
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Loved everything about this restaurant. Situated just north of the smiley face roundabout in what looked liked a car park! Nethertheless this restaurant was one of my favorites. We had the grilled shrimp and bread with olive oil to start and was delicious! For the main I had the golden bream and was outstanding. My partner had the fish skewers and was also very good. Sagres on tap was a nice touch but found it a bit warm. Was great to see the restaurant filled with Portuguese families. I highly recommended a trip to this restaurant you won`t be disappointed.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

went back for my birthday had a great meal with my family,food great pedro allways looks after you.its well worth the visit,try the local wine red or white they are both good

Reviewed August 16, 2012

A very good class restaurant with great service from genuinely interested hosts. The food is very good typical Portuguese. Prices are very reasonable. The restauant is spotlessly clean and the menu is extensive enough for anyone. Highly recommended. It is located just 100 metres to the north of the Worms roundabout on right hand side of the wide road. The only downside is that one of its neighbours is still a building site. We visited here 3 times over our two week stay. Seems popular with the locals for lunch - see board for lunch offers. Closed on Sundays.