“Fantastic Food and great hosts”
Review of Museu dos Salgados

Museu dos Salgados
Ranked #106 of 849 Restaurants in Albufeira
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Museu dos Salgados RestaurantMany questions are asked about the origin of this name. Perhaps because of its complex origin, the answer is not uniform… It is somewhat tailored at the mercy of those who visit us.To satisfy the refined taste of our customers, the selection of dishes is carefully based on different flavours, sometimes contrasting, that magnificently unite to form a unique and unforgettable outcome.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I visit this restaurant each time I go to the Algarve and it is always a wonderful experience. The food is absolutely superb and the owners are delightful and make you feel very welcome. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they welcome you back like long lost friends. Their prices are on par with any other restaurant od the same quality and much less than you would pay for an equivalent meal in the UK.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have been holidaying in Portugal for 13 years and no holiday wouldnt be complete without one or two visits here, the food is always excellent, as is the wine!! The owners always remember us from previous years which makes the experience much more personal, one of my favourite holiday outings! Looking forward to revisiting next week.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had such a nice meal and drinks on our first visit in our one week stay we went back for a second helping! The restaurant is only a few yards away from Prima Pasta (see my review) and on the main road but the outside seated garden area is above the road level and more secluded.
The staff are very helpful and make you feel like a VIP. We were a group of 4 married couples and reserved a table for 8.30 on arrival we sat outside and we were having a drink, when the owner came over with a display on a tray of several types of fresh fish he said he had caught himself that morning. I chose the red bream and my friends picked two other types, later on we were so glad we did as the fish and food prepared was delicious. The restaurant is spotless and the décor and ambience is classy and well above the average for the area but as the saying goes you only get what you pay for. The prices are a tad higher than other establishments in the surrounding area but in our hectic one week Algarve stay the museu came out tops.
If you want good food and drink in a clean and pleasant environment and a chat with the chef/owner who speaks 7 languages fluently this is the place to visit for Algarvian hospitality.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I visited Museu dos Salgados last month when my wife and I managed to nip over to Portugal for a few days without the kids. The food, service and wine are all excellent. We ate a la carte but there was also a tourist menu that seemed pretty reasonable. The only downside is its situated on a main road and therefore the traffic noise is quite annoying.

1  Thank TheAlgarveBairn
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was my 2nd visit to the Algarve with a group of 6 adults and 3 children aged 2, 4 & 7. Usually it is difficult finding a restaurant that caters for the mixed range of adult needs and provides a decent childrens menu but this was excellent. Having read previous reviews on Trip Advisor we attended and from the minute we netered knew we were in excellent surroundings. The waitress was friendly and knowledgeable and whilst we waited for the starters we knew this was due to the fact they were being fresholy prepared. I ordered the mushroom starter which was immense and as a man with a large appetite I was very impressed as were the rest of the group. My main course of beef stroganoff was to die for with the rest of the group eating steak, fish and chicken dishes all of whioch returned favourable responses. Having eaten out at various Algarve restaurants I have to say that the intenal setting and food was the best I've had so far.