“Traditional little restaurant, easy to overlook”

O Prazeres Restaurante
Ranked #213 of 810 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Norfolk
“Traditional little restaurant, easy to overlook”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here by chance as we were put off by the stainless steel, glass and plasma TV (with live premiership footie) tourist fayre that unfortunately seems to be the way things have progressed here.

This little private restaurant is a time capsule from 1980. I kid you not. The place is not very big, think large living room with 20 or so covers but they see fit to balance a couple of tube TV's on fridges (playing an old film). A clear out, menus from this side of 1988 and a coat of emulsion for 2014 would pay dividends. (Said with best intentions)

The waiter could be described as 'the nicest bloke' he could also be described as 'a bit too much!', whatever he is he is very clever I marvelled as he switched languages from table to table fluently. He (and the eatery) certainly had fans, no other place this week have I seen guests shaking hands taking pictures and leaving thank you notes on the table.

We were not as impressed with the food, maybe as we didn't have fish? Three of us had chicken piri-piri that would be fair to say was drier than it ought. Still, the place is VERY reasonably priced and we would return.

Long may they hold out...

Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
“A nice meal”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had a garlic bread between us as a starter. (Not that impressed, just a roll cut in half). The main event got better. I had a steak "Portugese Sytle". Which was very nice and cooked as requested. My partner had a chicken in mushroom sauce,
which she also enjoyed.
We had had a desert and a coffee, I also had a Lge beer and My partner a lemonade. The bill came to approx 50 euros.

Visited October 2013
Rochester, United Kingdom
“If you don't try this place you don't know what your missing.”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We missed this place last year as we were unable to come to Portugal so we had to keep our withdrawal symptoms in check until now. We had many visits this time to Prazeres and not once were we dissapointed. I can recommend the Sole Chef style, Steak Portuguese style, Cod Bras and just about all the other fish dishes on the menu. The house wines are much better this year and my favorite dessert (or "pudding" as Dario prefers to call it) is the Chocolate Mousse. If you have the time it is interesting to see how Fernando and his lady assistant manage to produce a large number of different meals for groups of up to six people and more all at the same time and expertly delivered by Dario who, by the way, will explain the make up of your chosen dish. No matter how busy they are you will not be expected to make way for more customers. You can just sit and take your time. The paella by the way is very good and very popular and comes up piping hot. Prices are reasonable for top quality food and the service is excellent. If you have a special request ask they may be able to oblige. Do ask about their specials, I had the Black Pork it's delicious and sometimes they have mussels but I missed out on that one. Whatever else you do don't miss this place.

• Visited September 2013
“Nicest bloke in albufeira?.”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Worth going just to meet dario a genuinely nice bloke with an infectious personality who speaks 5 languages fluently. Amazing seeing him speaking to four tables each in a different language. The food is excellent and good value,the monkfish was my favorite meal of the holiday,my partner had the sirloin steak and said it was perfect.the tirimasu is something special.twenty metres from the cattle market mentality of main square restaurants,do yourself a favour and try it.you dont feel rushed and can see your meal being prepared,our favourite restaurant in albufeira.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank crowy68
Luton, United Kingdom
“great paella”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

we had the best paella in along time, the waiter was brill and helpful, the sangria was great. all this for areasonable price. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone

• Visited July 2013