“Amazing authentic Portuguese food”

Os Arcos Restaurante
Ranked #16 of 915 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

Amazing homemade food start to finish. Monkfish and prawn rice was to die for. And homemade dessert similar to creme brûlée delish. The second visit we had garlic prawns to start to share, which was served with garlic bread an added bonus!!fillet steak chef style and black pig again both lovely fresh homemade food. Lovely bottles of red wine to wash dinner down. Very very reasonably priced. Below €60 both times.

1  Thank claire c
Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed October 23, 2017

As a solo traveller, I tried to get a table at 7pm and was told that the place was empty despite the place being empty. Booked for the following evening. There was one other table occupied on my arrival and the rest was again empty, with the waiter seemly taking enjoyment from turning people away. I had prawn cocktail and sea bass, both of which were of a high standard, but the main course was brought out as soon as I'd finished my starter. I felt very rushed and it took away from the experience. I was left feeling I was an inconvenience.

Most of the tables remained unoccupied during my (relatively quick) visit although after 6 or 7 people were turned away, one was accepted without a booking.

If you are planning to visit then definitely pop in at least a day before to book. The food is quality and hopefully the service would not be so rushed if you visit as a group.

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

We tried to go here on our first night in the old town having read the reviews but sadly the place was closed! We went again on our last night and it did not disappoint. We had the baby with us and felt a little awkward to begin with not wanting to disturb others quiet meals but thankfully she behaved and went to sleep leaving us to soak up a lovely ambience, fresh fish (wow the best sardines and seabass!) and a very friendly accommodating waiter. The desserts sounded delicious but we didn't have room. All in all quite a small menu but that's a good thing when each dish is done exquisitely. Highly recommend for fish and meat lovers.

1  Thank GreedygutsLeeds
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Went here twice during our week in Albufuria. The food is simple but cooked to perfection. We had the garlic prawns to start which were gorgeous then black pig and snapper (one of about five fresh fish to chose from that day as well as fish on regular menu) and the next time we had steak which was also perfectly cooked. Great food from a family run restaurant- I'd recommend booking!

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

Amazing food, lamb chops were so good. I asked the owner why he turned many away. He replied “I like to keep the service and food top notch”
Rare to find someone putting people before profit. Well done, all ready booked our return visit :)

1  Thank Clive S