“It captures the essence of Portugal in a nutshell.”

Os Arcos Restaurante
Ranked #16 of 855 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Quality and excellence mean different things to different people.
If you wish for genuine Portuguese food in pleasant surroundings while been served by the host who shows and conveys a true love for his countries flair for fine dining then you need look no further.
If you are lucky enough to fit a visit into your schedule then do so with an open mind and a smile and you will surely be well rewarded.......told you:)

1  Thank openmindtravel

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Visited here after a recommendation from a friend and what can I say, Yum!! Ordered the garlic prawns which were delicious! Our taste buds were going crazy dipping our garlic bread in the sauce. Ordered grilled salmon for main and it was perfect. Everything is homemade. Even the mayonnaise. The chocolate cake was also amazing. Went twice in our visit to the Algarve and would definitely recommend.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went here after hours, which is basically portugese time ;)
Was alone, and there was only one table free but they did not hesitate to offer me that table eventhough behind me a party of 2 arrived.
Starter: garlic bread and calameres and both were some much better than I have ever had them before.
fresh bread, loads of garlic and olive oil roasted in the oven, NICE (okay im a bread fan, but this was good!). The calamares were deepfried with the golden crust. Back home I have to chew and pul and here when I put my teeth in them they fell apart!
Maincourse: Prawns piri piri, OMG they were huge, had never had them that big and 2 of them! the waiter(jose) warned me to be carful with the piri piri cause it was very hot and he was right! loved it but yes be careful!
the prawns were so big and tasty that after attempting with my knife and for I noticed that some meat stuck in the prawn I went caveman style and attacked it with my hands , amazing, nobody looked at me funny! YES!
for the wine I drank almost a bottle of the "vinho verde, just because it was so nice!"

BEST FOOD I HAD THE WHOLE WEEK IN ALBUFEIRA

1  Thank Christine G
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went here after seeing the great reviews online and we were not disappointed! The Clams Bulhão Pato were amazing! For the second course we both had the filet which was also very good. And the dessert! Yum! The waiter (I believe he was also the owner) was very attentive and personable. When I got an oil stain on my dress, he quickly produced spray and a brush to get it out. He even helped us a bit with our Portuguese.
The prices were fair, and a bit cheaper than any other place we found. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone vacationing in Albufeira, and will definitely return if I get the opportunity to do so.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great little family run place and open on Sundays! All good fresh food from the general menu but beware the "Paella" menu! It's "franchise food" reconstituted prawns and the like, Paella is a shared dish like the Cataplan for two people, try that instead from the general menu, that's the only thing spoiling a great little place, enjoy!

1  Thank tomagwya