“Still the Best...”

Os Arcos Restaurante
Ranked #16 of 855 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I visited Os Arcos as a party of 4 twice over the weekend of 20 April 2013 to celebrate my 65th birthday. This restaurant remains one of the very best in Albufeira for quality, service, atmosphere and value for money.
On the first visit we had the renowned "black pig fillet" and on the second visit we were lucky to savour the fabulous sea bass which was grilled to perfection and filleted at our table. The flavours of both dishes were outstanding. Joseph, the owner and host was very attentive and helpful without fussing. The food is cooked by his wife who really serves up perfection.
The meals were the highlight of my birthday weekend. Thank you Joseph. Service can be relaxed when the restaurant is busy as Joseph ensures that his high standards of service and attent ion are maintained for all guests.
Os Arcos is a restaurant not to be missed. The menu is extensive and all dishes are cooked to order. This is highly recommended. Try the fresh fish which is professionally deboned at your table. Sumptuous...

3  Thank Alan F

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Incredibly reasonable restaurant serving gorgeous traditional Portuguese food. Really relaxed atmosphere where the staff are very friendly and attentive and I would definitely return.

1  Thank Joanne C
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were only in Albufeira for three nights and we dined here twice. The sea bass was amongst the best we've had and the black pig fillet was incredible. We loved the homemade pâté that came with the cover. On both occasions we had two courses, wine and coffee and the bill was €40-€50. We were made to feel really welcome and the owner / waiter was both friendly and professional.

Just one final thing, we ordered both wine and fish without seeing the prices so had left ourselves open to being stung ....... it didn't happen, they were €12 each ...... bargain!

1  Thank KandESheffield
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This restaurant was absolutely brilliant. I highly recommend anyone to try it. I visited with my boyfriend on our second last night in Albufeira, and we liked it so much we returned on our last night. Priced at about 10-14euro for main course. The first night I had fresh tuna, and my boyfriend had seabass. Both were delicious. On the second night I had rabbit and my boyfriend had the black pork, both of which were beautiful. A must visit when in Albufeira! We ate in other places, but this one was the only one we came back to! The owner was lovely too!

1  Thank suzyokane
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This charming restaurant is situated near a lot of tourist traps, but is a real gem! The service was excellent, the prices were reasonable, and most important - the food was amazing! The black pig filet was an unforgettable experience, and the "chef´s sauce" was amongst the best sauces I ever tried. Highly recommended!!