We had a hotel room which was very modern and clean, however it was a bit on the small side. We had room for everything, there was a wardrobe and room to keep 2 cases, and we didn't mind the size as we only slept there. I would not let the size put you off. The bathroom was gorgeous with a rain effect shower. Again everything was spotless, and maids came in every day. We did not pay for a sea view so were in a room beside the lift in the main reception building, which could be a little noisy as you could hear people go for breakfast and we could hear noise from the roof top bar in the building opposite which went on until 2am. To be fair, this noise was not excessive and was not worth complaining about, and it never kept us awake. It just might be worth requesting a room in one of the other buildings.
The breakfast buffet was good with juices, breads, pastries, cereals, fruits, yoghurts etc. However the hot food at breakfast was never hot enough and not tasty, but there was plenty of other food to fill up on. Don't even try the buffet dinner - we knew it had got bad reviews, but tried it anyway. Descriptions were missing from some of the food, and it was cold. There also was not enough choice.
The pool area was excellent, I found the sun loungers very comfortable and think it is common practice to put a towel on a sun lounger, when lying on it. The towels were brand new and you could change these throughout the day. The poolside bar was good for lunch, salads were surprisingly nice. The pools were very clean and the view from the pool areas onto the beach were beautiful. It would be hard to find another place like it. The boardwalks onto the beach were great to walk on.
Taxis into Albufeira were €12/14 each way, so expensive to go in every night. There was always a 10/15 minute wait for a taxi to arrive and then would take almost 15 mintues to get into Albufeira. The Italian restaurant in the sister hotel across the road was quite good though.
It is a quiet hotel, and while the bar is lovely and they had live music some nights, and had great cocktails, it lacked atmosphere and was dead at times.
The staff weren't trained to a good standard, so this coupled with the food, means it is not a 5 star hotel, and I think they will have to permanently adjust their prices to reflect this. I found most of the reception staff were friendly but all quite young. Some of the bar staff were attentive, however they were sometimes short staffed in the bar, meaning you could be waiting a while to order or pay. The restaurant staff were clueless. On one occasion I asked for a water, and the waitress walked off without asking if my husband wanted anything. Silly little things like this are where the hotel is lacking. But as we got a cheap deal and read the reviews, we knew what to expect so this did not bother us so much.
If you want to go lie in the sun and chill out for the week, this is perfect. However if you're looking for better nightlife, this isn't the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right on the dunes of Salgados Beach, your holiday suites enjoy a fantastic tropical atmosphere, surrounded by extensive palm tree gardens. And it's precisely among the palm trees, with the sea in the horizon that you will be able to enjoy all the facilities the resort has to offer. Among others, you will find the 9 swimming pools, with direct access to the beach. Relax and enjoy the cuisine of Bossa Nova Restaurant, as well the cocktails at the Jazz Lobby Bar, fit for those cheerful nights spent with friends. When walking the short distance that separates the hotel from the beach, make the most of the wooden pathway, which can take you all the way into the nature reserve. For children, the Kids Club features a range of entertainment activities to assure your little ones have a fun filled time. This oasis is equipped with everything you need to enjoy your holiday with the utmost well-being. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Salgados Dunas Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Salgados Dunas Hotel Albufeira
- Salgados Dunas Suites Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve