“Just the ticket”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Cracking little place, just up the road from Os Arcos, and down the road from Umanjar?
Thoroughly recommend this restaurant, lovley food and pleasant staff.
On a par with Os Arcos and Umanjar, all three are top as far as I am concerned, all worth a visit.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This place is absolutely amazing. it is by fat the best restaurant in albufeira old town and we ate their twice. If we had discovered it earlier in the week i think we would have been there every night.

I had the most amazing warm oriental shrimp salad to start and amazing cod for mains. the next night I had ceaser salad to start and pork in a mustard sauce for mains. both were incredible. Other members of my party had thai green curry which was delicious, others had steak and chicken which were perfect also.

The best part of this place, apart from the food of course, is the staff. They are all so lovely! The chef/owner is so lovely and posed for photos with us after our second meal. we got free shots of red port wine and we felt so welcome both nights.

Desserts are also amazing, the most gorgeous delicate Panacotta and a luscious chocolate fondant where the favourites for us!

I can't wait to return to this restaurant some day. it gets 10/10 from all of us :)

1  Thank traceylovestravel
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Iwent to this restaurant after consulting Tripadvisor and found it every bit as good as the reviews (with the exeption of J S Morton who I suspect is a member of staff at a nearby restaurant) I wanted to try as many restaurants as possible during my short stay but enjoyed my meal so much that I had to go a second time.
The staff were very friendly, helpfull and attentive.
If I return to albufiera I will definately make a bee line for this restaurant

1  Thank Laurence T
Reviewed October 16, 2012

A beautiful smile and 'bom dia' was all we needed... Tequila Bistro offers a welcome escape in the touristfilled old centre of Albufeira. The menu is varied, from traditional Portugese dishes to international favourites. We ate mouthwatering pasta's the first evening and went straight back the second evening for the tequila shrimps and portugese pork fillets. The desserts were too delicious to describe... Excellent service, very reasonable prices, good music and a very nice atmosphere. Can't wait to go back next holiday!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Situated on a side road off the main square in the Old Town the Bistro has very smiley, friendly staff and good food. We ate here twice and enjoyed the food and it definitely has the best service in Albufeira. The place itself has comfortable seats and nice decor. The staff (one male, one female) answered any questions I had regarding the vegetarian dishes and were very obliging and helpful. The chef makes an appearance now and again and he is smiling too. Everyone seems very happy. They checked a few times that everything was ok during our meal. They did their very best for us. Recommended for the food and friendly staff! Would return.