Stayed for 1 week from 25/8/13. First impressions. .. very good. Reception staff very friendly and told to come back at 2pm. No problem for us we had a look around and had a toastie at pool bar. I will list the good and not so good points. We stayed half board and traveled with Thomson.
Alfagar 2 pools... really very good children enjoyed them yes busy but not overly crowded. Sunbeds available . Yes we witnessed people putting towels out at 8 am but we also saw hotel staff remove the towels on several occasions. We tried to get our towels there for 10 am if we could.
Rooms : we were in alfagar 2. The one bedroom apartment was spacious with a room with 2 single beds and 2 pull out single beds in lounge area. The pull out beds were uncomfortable and 1 of the single beds was very hard. They seemed to only provide 3 knives forks and spoons and glasses in our apartment 311 we were half board but I found that odd as sleeps 4. Rooms cleaned everyday to a good level. We had a sea view (paid additional) with glass balcony. ... couldn't really see the sea but good view of pools.
Buffet restaurant : shocking I know but we didn't find it that bad. Yes repetitive at times but convenient for us and we found something everyday that we liked. Service was good yes you pay for drinks such as water but we didn't mind . children's choices consisted of a pasta dish pizzas chips and a meat choice .Our children ate from a selection of the buffet they didn't just have chips all week . breakfast busy between 8 and half past.
Location : suited us as we didnt want to far afield. May be a bit remote for others. Taxi to albufeira strip. 5 euros or easily walkable in 20 mins if you have no children. Olhos de Agua 5 euros in taxi or again 15 mins walk (not much there few restaurants if you're self catering) we did excursions but booked all at albufeira as cheaper than from rep. 2 shops within 5 mins walk for day to day bits. Walk to beach probably takes 10 mins... take path to right as left path leads you to a bit of a rocky beach.... difficult with young child.
Beach: the beach is lovely . We hired a pedalo for 10 euros for 1/2 hour and lounger for 10 euros for roughly 3 hours. Restaurant on beach very good for lunch I imagine would be lovely for a night time dinner. Beach does get busy. Try to take drinks with you and sun umbrella as there is no shade even under a parasol.
The alfagar 2 is kept very very clean by the staff.. we would see them cleaning from 8 am til gone 6pm most days.
Not so good points:
Entertainment: no daytime entertainment for children or adults. No children's club etc there was one when we booked but Thomson pulled the plug. Really would benefit from an animation team here. Mini disco or something at night for children. Night Time entertainment consisted of a reptile and parrot show and 2 very loud singers. The bar in alfagar 1 has entertainment too but we didn't bother to go there. Please be aware the red bar is usually only manned by one person so on the nights of the parrot and reptile show the tender was very busy and you will have to wait a while.
Alfagar 1 : the pool areas , bar , games room need a complete overhaul. There were disused room open with surplus bits dumped in them... the grounds of the alfagar 1 are lovely but the pool areas were shabby in my opinion had I have been placed in alfagar 1 I wouldn't have been all that happy.
All in all your holiday is what you make it. ALFAGAR 2 PLEASE HIRE AN ANIMATION TEAM !!!!!!.*
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alfagar II Aparthotel has an unbeatable location overlooking the sea. Together with the Alfagar village, set in a beautiful 11 ha property of gardens and cliff formations (a protected area of natural beauty), with spectacular views along the coastline. Situated in the center of the Algarve, in Balaia area just between the villages of Albufeira and Olhos de Água. Composed of 90 modern, comfortable apartments in a modern 5-storey building. Alfagar II Aparthotel is ideal for families, with his wide range of facilities, such as a children’s pool with slides and splash area, and for all those seeking a quality holiday in a quiet setting, while remaining within easy reach of shops and lively night entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alfagar II Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alfagar Ii Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Alfagar II Aparthotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve